First signs of spring 2008!

/ First signs of spring 2008! #1  

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
Post your first signs of spring here!

1.Bee in wild plum blossoms
2.EddieWalker's nightmare:D (fair warning)

Attachments

• spring1.jpg
    spring1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 354
  • spring2.jpg
    spring2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
   / First signs of spring 2008! #2  
Holey cow Don, is that one of those Africanized killer bees? That's lot bigger looking than our average honey bee. Of course I wouldn't know right now as we're pretty much snowed in still. Cool pics, even the EddieWalker nighmare!

/ First signs of spring 2008! #3  
Well, I saw a red-headed wood pecker today - a BIG one. Don't know what that means, but I'll take spring anyway :)

/ First signs of spring 2008!
RobS said:
Holey cow Don, is that one of those Africanized killer bees? That's lot bigger looking than our average honey bee.

RobS, actually the flowers are really small, it's a regular size bee. I was checking out the macro on my new camera. The old camera had a tractor accident and the lens is somewhere under a ton of gravel.

Attachments

• closeup bee.jpg
    closeup bee.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
   / First signs of spring 2008! #5  
Don,

Thanks for the warning, but I was sorta expecting a snake picture from your title!!! Hopefully we're still a few months away from snake season. We're still in coyote season and would like to keep it that way for awhile longer.

Eddie

/ First signs of spring 2008! #6  
I just noticed today that our Mayhaw trees are blooming...

I reckon they haven't figured out it's still "winter". It's 58 out right now (feels great) and is supposed to warm up a bit more tomorrow, then drop off cold sometime next week (cold meaning another frost - high 20's, lower 30's).

All you guys shoveling snow-----------> :p

Podunk

/ First signs of spring 2008! #7  
Spring!!...... I'm still waiting on winter.:eek: It hasn't made it here yet!

Come to think of it, it didn't come last year either.......or the year before:D ;)

/ First signs of spring 2008! #8  
I saw a robin a couple of days ago... when they start showing up is a good sign that spring is around the corner in this area.

/ First signs of spring 2008! #10  
xlr82v2 said:
I saw a robin a couple of days ago... when they start showing up is a good sign that spring is around the corner in this area.

Hmmmmm.....as my Daddy used to say......One Robin does not a spring make. :D