Anybody here know anything about roosters?

/ Anybody here know anything about roosters?
No flaming here, but I don't really think that would apply. For one thing, if someone were to see anything in my driveway, they would be trespassing. You can't see my place from the road. Besides that, I don't let anything sit outside. Vehicles, tractors and implements are too expensive in my opinion for that. Next, I really only use my tractor on a couple hundred acre piece of property I have away from where I live. Also, I don't run my mowers in the morning because I don't like mowing wet (dew) grass. And, this is all aside from the fact that I clear the road, parking lots, and driveways for no charge in the winter for the neighbors.

I understand what you are saying, but it really doesn't fit in this particular case. It's more like this one neighbor doesn't fit into the rest of the area. Heck, nobody else even lets their dogs run loose but this guy does. His dogs are the only ones running through everyone else's property.

I just don't know. This seems to be a tough one. I do believe that something rather unpleasant is going to happen when the weather warms and the neighbors want to open their windows and spend some time outdoors. It's sort of like watching a storm brew. I'd just like to somehow diffuse the situation before something bad happens this spring or summer.

/ Anybody here know anything about roosters? #22  
If the roosters are living in the junk vehicles, they are not secure from nocturnal predators. I do believe this may have been already alluded to.....

Hey, I had to go outside to see what my German Shepherds were all excited about at about 1am this morning and found two coyotes out by the wood line. I called the dogs off and let the coyotes be on their way. Maybe there could be a self correction to this problem since those nasty birds were screeching away at 1am. :)

I had to use Wikipedia to find a picture to confirm what I'd seen, but they were coyotes. Now, does anyone know if coyotes like the taste of chicken/roosters? :D

/ Anybody here know anything about roosters? #24  
Finger lickin' good ;) .

I can't believe those roosters are up at 1 am. Ours are always snuggled in for the night soon as it's dark. Hmmmmm, could be those coyotes are courting their dinner :rolleyes:

/ Anybody here know anything about roosters? #25  
Maybe the coyotes would appreciate some BBQ sauce on 'their' chicken? Throw cat/dog food at the chicken 'houses'? Heard coyotes like a little hors d oover before the main course. Oh and by the way i think chickens live a fairly long time, much longer than they are wanted with a heartbeat sometimes.
I do feel for you guys, have worked with some people that have 'selective' hearing.

/ Anybody here know anything about roosters? #26  
Dargo said:
Hey, I had to go outside to see what my German Shepherds were all excited about at about 1am this morning and found two coyotes out by the wood line. I called the dogs off and let the coyotes be on their way. Maybe there could be a self correction to this problem since those nasty birds were screeching away at 1am. :)

I had to use Wikipedia to find a picture to confirm what I'd seen, but they were coyotes. Now, does anyone know if coyotes like the taste of chicken/roosters? :D
Yes, coyotes love chicken. I have feathers from one of my barred rocks, and a missing chicken to prove it. Seems when I locked them up the other night, one of my ladies decided to stay out for the night, and I didn't notice when I locked up the coop. Next morning, feathers everywhere. Mr. coyote came back a few days later for the buffet, but they were locked up already, and he took off before I got my gun. Mr. .22-250 and a digital coyote call are going out tomorrow to lure him back in.
Pat

Heck, trap him alive. I'll buy him from you! :D

/ Anybody here know anything about roosters? #28  
I'd call animal control. If the problem is within their control let them worry about it.

/ Anybody here know anything about roosters? #29  
Some of you guys can be pretty harsh on a neighbor - wanting to kill his prize singing roosters and all.

Dargo, I feel your pain, but I would think it all boils down to if there is any kind of noise/nuisance oridinance that applies or not. If there is, you're in luck, if not - oh well.

It's like we have said many times around here - the best thing about living in the country is that we can do whatever we like, whenever we like. The worst thing is - so can your neighbor!

My father-in-law that hunts deer on my place complains every year about my neighbor that had a tree stand set up about 4 feet on the other side of our shared fenceline. He thinks that is too close to my property. I've told him that as far as I know, my neighbor owns his land right up till it touches mine, and he can put the tree stand wherever he wishes on his property.

Now the real question is, if my neighbor had a tree on his property that had a limb stretch over the fence onto my property, could he put a tree stand on that limb above my property? Also, when the limb falls from the tree on his property and takes down the fence, who is responsible for putting my cows back and fixing the fence? (By the way, the above is in jest - my cows NEVER get out - he-he).

Take care.

/ Anybody here know anything about roosters? #30  
If i couldnt resolve the rooster issue through regular means. Ie talking to the guy.....

it would have an unfortunate run in with a 2 legged "coyote" late one night. (leave some feathers to make it look convincing) :cool: