Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass?

/ Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass? #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
The First Signs of Spring 2008 thread got me thinking. Which do you prefer, mowing or plowing?

I much prefer plowing. Mowing is more monotonous for me, the same every time. And it seems to never end. Plowing seems different every time due to the differences in snowfall. Also seems to have a more finite end to it. Even with more snow coming, I know I'll be done plowing shortly after the snow ends. The mowing just goes on, and on, and on...

So, which do you prefer? Texans need not respond ;)

/ Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass? #2  
Up until this winter I would agree with you totally, but with this years snow fall and all of the freezing rain creating ice all over I am ready to do some mowing.

Expecting something like 6-12 inches tomorrow night into Wednesday morning so it is still time for snow blowing and snow bank pushing.

Now we will have to revisit this in July and decide again if it is snow plowing or grass mowing.

/ Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass? #3  
I will mow anyday over snow plowing. I might like it better if I had a cab tractor for snow plowing. I would rather plow with my 1 bottom then mow or plow snow.

/ Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass? #4  
WayneB said:
Up until this winter I would agree with you totally, but with this years snow fall and all of the freezing rain creating ice all over I am ready to do some mowing.

Expecting something like 6-12 inches tomorrow night into Wednesday morning so it is still time for snow blowing and snow bank pushing.

Now we will have to revisit this in July and decide again if it is snow plowing or grass mowing.

You folks up in NH are gettin' dumped on this year. Down here on the MA/RI border we are getting a lot more rain and slush than I would like. I will have to say I like a mix of both plowing snow and mowing grass - if it had to be one I'll take the snow (not slush).:D

/ Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass? #5  
Mowing I can do in shorts while drinking lemonade :)

Plowing is for dum Norwegians (I am only 25% ;) )

/ Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass? #6  
I'd rather mow, I can see what has been accomplished. it stays looking good for several weeks. With plowing, it blows back in within a couple of hours.

/ Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass?
We'll see if I change my mind this evening. Got about six inches of very heavy, wet snow overnight with more today and lake effect tonight. I would have plowed this morning but have been sick and didn't want to be out in it all just yet.

So, you'd think that paragraph alone would make me like mowing better, wouldn't you. But in the summer, there's the sweat rolling down your back, the dust sticking to it, the bugs and my hay fever. Maybe I don't like either as much as I used to!

/ Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass? #8  
Both! I like to plow and I like to mow. However, I do not like mowing when there is a dry spell... too much dust. YUK! :p

/ Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass? #9  
Move down here and you all could do both year round.
Last year we got a 12 inch snow storm in April. I remember it being 80 degrees the day before that and mowing the grass.

This year, It's not even March yet and my giant Bermuda pasture is already starting to green up. Go figure! It snowed two weeks ago.

/ Plowing Snow or Mowing Grass?
I don't remember ever having to plow snow after I cut grass. Not to say we never got snow that late, but not enough to plow. I do however, remember once in my younger days where we both snow skied and water skied the same day. Your wetsuit is your best friend on days like that!