Blizzard in N Central Texas!

/ Blizzard in N Central Texas! #12  
snow%20003.jpg

Ended up with about 4" here in OK last night, melted down to 2 1/2" overnight.:D As you can see in the background some places down to nothing. It is always a hoot to watch the Dallas news when it snows down there.;)

/ Blizzard in N Central Texas! #13  
While the term "blizzard" may be a little decieving. you yankee boys must realize that a lot of the vegetation here was in bloom and for us, this is a strange occurrence.

I hope my fruit trees don't get bit too bad.

/ Blizzard in N Central Texas! #14  
I bet they would trade a little for a lot!! :)

Yep my seeds are in the gound now in east texas. They haven't poped yet so not a problem. In Spring the corn and beans have popped, I planted them 3 weeks ago to guage the process of what's happening at the country place. I like to plant a little early and risk a freeze(generally more rain early to). Last year my corn popped a couple inches and got dusted with snow. No problem.

Rob

/ Blizzard in N Central Texas! #15  
To all you "Snow State Folks" who are poking fun at us in N Central Texas. Please be advised that your state has the equipment to deal with snow removal from highways and that you have chains, salt, etc at the ready yourselves to deal with snow accumulations of 7-9 inches like we got yesterday. WE DO NOT!!! Three inches that stays on the ground/roadways about cripples our traffic, let alone the "blizzard" we got yesterday!

What we have a lot of are short sleeved shirts, air conditioned tractor cabs and pickups, that we use in our mostly warm weather while you guys are still all shoveling out from your latest snow storm.

Do we make fun of you folks still shoveling out!?? OOPS, maybe we do from time to time!! LMBO!!!

OK, go ahead and have at it laughing at us, but remember, two days from now, we'll be back in the 70's and you'll still be shoveling snow and freezing your buns off!! I think I'll go dust off the yard lounger to get ready for Sunday afternoon in the backyard! ROTFLMBO!!

/ Blizzard in N Central Texas! #16  
Egon said:
Okay; you Fellars got a little snow for a day. For some of us that is a weekly occurence.:D :D

There are two cars in this photo!:D :D

Egon, if we get snow like that here, we go up on our rooftops and wait for the FEMA helicopters to come rescue us.:rolleyes: :D

/ Blizzard in N Central Texas! #17  
Unclebuck257 said:
To all you "Snow State Folks" who are poking fun at us in N Central Texas. Please be advised that your state has the equipment to deal with snow removal from highways and that you have chains, salt, etc at the ready yourselves to deal with snow accumulations of 7-9 inches like we got yesterday. WE DO NOT!!! Three inches that stays on the ground/roadways about cripples our traffic, let alone the "blizzard" we got yesterday!

What we have a lot of are short sleeved shirts, air conditioned tractor cabs and pickups, that we use in our mostly warm weather while you guys are still all shoveling out from your latest snow storm.

Do we make fun of you folks still shoveling out!?? OOPS, maybe we do from time to time!! LMBO!!!

OK, go ahead and have at it laughing at us, but remember, two days from now, we'll be back in the 70's and you'll still be shoveling snow and freezing your buns off!! I think I'll go dust off the yard lounger to get ready for Sunday afternoon in the backyard! ROTFLMBO!!

Touche.

Maybe I'll be able to post a few photo's after we get walloped this weekend. What pose would you like? The tractor disappearing into the snow banks?

How about the photo of me covered in white on my NON CAB tractor?

Either way. The beer is always cold when it's 20 outside.

/ Blizzard in N Central Texas! #18  
ByronBob said:
Either way. The beer is always cold when it's 20 outside.

Chipping beer out of a can when it's 20 outside? hmmm think I'd rather have a plain hot coco. :D Actually the sun is coming out and it's a good day for golf!!

/ Blizzard in N Central Texas! #19  
Great pictures!!!!

I've been sitting here in the house with my camera hoping that the snow will stop melting when it hits. Except for a very few isolated areas, it just melted on me and I never took a picture. I'm disapointed, but sure am glad that I was able to stay home and not have to deal with being out there!!!!!

Eddie

/ Blizzard in N Central Texas! #20  
Heck it all but gone....now. At least I got to use the "FEL ONE DAY THIS YEAR!" to move snow:p . That is all fine for me...why I moved back to Texas! And Wise county to boot :D . For all my Wise buddies., I am starting 18 gallons of Mustang grapes this weekend. All those wild grapes have to put put to some good use!