Gun shoot. PLEASE don't turn this political

/ Gun shoot. PLEASE don't turn this political #2  
Morning Bill,

I always felt bad for whoever was at the wrong end of those flamethrowers when I watched old WWII Pacific theater movies.

That place looked like fun, but too many people for my tastes, but I feel that way about crowds anyway.
When I was in my late teens something gun related was happening often, now it's rare to hear sounds of plinking going on. This is in crowded Connecticut. Never saw many indoor shooting ranges back then either, just shot in the backyard, there's a few ranges open now. The times are changing, might need to move to Kentucky, unless the laywers beat me there.:D

/ Gun shoot. PLEASE don't turn this political
irwin said:
Morning Bill,

I always felt bad for whoever was at the wrong end of those flamethrowers when I watched old WWII Pacific theater movies.

That place looked like fun, but too many people for my tastes, but I feel that way about crowds anyway.
When I was in my late teens something gun related was happening often, now it's rare to hear sounds of plinking going on. This is in crowded Connecticut. Never saw many indoor shooting ranges back then either, just shot in the backyard, there's a few ranges open now. The times are changing, might need to move to Kentucky, unless the laywers beat me there.:D

A good friend works part time at Knob Creek Range. He had something to say about lawyers. His thoughts were there's 2 types of lawyers. The ones that show up with their machine guns and the type that need to make sure they're not on the receiving end of one.

The live fire range at Ft Knox isn't too far away. When they're cranked up and Knob Creek is gunnin', the hills echo for miles around. By the sounds of things, Knox has somthing new going on. Been a lot of BIG booms coming from there lately and a LOT more helo's flying over. Had a wing of Apache's fly over the farm "nap of the earth" 2 days ago. That gets the dawgs to barkin'!

/ Gun shoot. PLEASE don't turn this political #4  
Anyone can spray a target with 200 rounds... I prefer to see a guy with a rifle and scope taking his time getting ready for the sweet shot.

Nah, too much frenzy going on there. The bald guy with the stogie seemed to be enjoying the macho image thing...

/ Gun shoot. PLEASE don't turn this political
Blagadan said:
I prefer to see a guy with a rifle and scope taking his time getting ready for the sweet shot.

A lot of that goes on at Knob Creek too. Louisville Police, several counties and local police use it for training, as well as a lot of local hunters and such. The machine gun shows are only a small part of what goes on there. It's good when EVERYONE can have their moment in the sun.

/ Gun shoot. PLEASE don't turn this political #6  
Farmwithjunk said:
A lot of that goes on at Knob Creek too. Louisville Police, several counties and local police use it for training, as well as a lot of local hunters and such. The machine gun shows are only a small part of what goes on there. It's good when EVERYONE can have their moment in the sun.

Wow, great video!!! I spent nine of the longest weeks in my life at Ft. Knox. Pretty country. I even went to Bowling Green to watch some big NHRA Drag Race during that time.

/ Gun shoot. PLEASE don't turn this political #7  
I went to that shoot a couple times with some buddies. There are some definite wackos there, but alot of really cool things to see and they seem to take safety very seriously. It's well worth going if you're in the area.

I paid $25 to shoot 25 rounds through a 12 ga. machine gun. It was awesome. It took just a couple seconds to empty the magazine. I looked at my shoulder as soon as I was done and there was a huge bruise that lasted for over a week.

It's really an awesome sight when they open up on the main range all at once.

/ Gun shoot. PLEASE don't turn this political #8  
That looks like a good time. The cost of ammo alone is making this hobby VERY expensive.... especially the .50 cal MGs. I own a MG and it has become an excellent investment and a great "giggle" gun. Everytime you pull the trigger and unload 32 rounds in less than two seconds, you can help but giggle.:D

/ Gun shoot. PLEASE don't turn this political #9  
Great storey, that video should be shown all around the world in case any of our enemies thought of invading us while our military/Guard is stretched a little thin.
Whatever your political views might be, there is protection provided to our freedom/constitution through this "well regulated militia", the well regulated part used some what loosely here in this storey.
I use to be more of a gun nut till I started having kids and less time for the hobby, do like the "black" guns especially the HK's.
JB,

/ Gun shoot. PLEASE don't turn this political #10  
Farmwithjunk said:
This is about 5 miles from my place. (Close to Ft Knox.) Please don't turn this into a commentary on the legality or need for such. Simply an overview of Kentucky rural life.

Machine Gun Shootout // Current

I'd say id goes farther than kentucky rural life.. Knob Creek is more or less a 'mecca' for class III firearms owners country-wide.

You get to see quite a few things there.

soundguy