How much does it cost to build a pole barn??

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn?? #11  
you can also get an 18x20 version for about $300.

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn?? #12  
I'm building....hope to build soon, a freestanding 30x20 foot 3 bay shed for tractor and implements. One bay may be set up as a horse stall. It will be open sided, have a metal roof and dirt floors. It looks like its going to cost me about $1500 (building it myself).

I may close it in and put a cement floor in the tractor bay in the future.

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn?? #13  
I ended up having Betterbuiltbarns.com build me several small barns that I use for chicken coop (8 X10 $1,100) , retreat shed (8" sides 10 X 12 = $2,000) and tool barn 16 X 20 with 8" sides I think was between $3-4,000. Love them! added some custom windows, sheetrocked the retreat shack and a few other additions - all told spent between 8-10,000 for all three buildings. They build on site. you prep ground
I was planning to house my riding mower in the big barn but jammed it with other things.
Still need storage for Kubota and mower so googled the pole barn and found this great forum. Based on the numbers everyone posted :eek:I may go back to the folks at BetterBuilt Barn - they used to be dairy ranchers now build these - do a good job - just need to make sure you get calk and paint on asap to preserve the thing.

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn?? #14  
I built a 12 x 16 for around $1000, but been a few years. That is material only, I supplied the labor while waiting for my building permit to get approved.
My 30x48 pole barn cost me around $11K in materials and another $2500 for 3 good insulated overhead doors. again I supplied the labor.

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn?? #15  
I built a 12 x 16 for around $1000, but been a few years. That is material only, I supplied the labor while waiting for my building permit to get approved.
My 30x48 pole barn cost me around $11K in materials and another $2500 for 3 good insulated overhead doors. again I supplied the labor.

Any chance we could see a few photos of your 30x48?

Wedge

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn?? #16  
Any chance we could see a few photos of your 30x48?

Wedge

Here's one when I was building the drive to it. I put 10x10 door in back end middle, and you see the 10x10 and 10x8 door on this end. If I had a do over, I would put one door each end, probably 12or14 x 10. Another do over would be to put bubble foil on before the metal.

I have not concreted the floor yet, I need to start that soon. Maybe I'll post and ask for recommendations. I'm thinking of putting insulation under the slab and putting PEX loop in the slab just in case I might want to someday heat it....
I have more pics from construction if you want to see.

Attachments

• IMG_2445sm.jpg
    IMG_2445sm.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 2,576
   / How much does it cost to build a pole barn?? #17  
Heres some more before & during.

I designed it myself and made my own CAD drawings, but the company I bought the material from provided detailed construction drawings also.

Attachments

• barnsetpoles.jpg
    barnsetpoles.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 2,520
  • barnlasttruss.jpg
    barnlasttruss.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2,266
  • barnsiding.jpg
    barnsiding.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 5,075
  • barnpredoors.jpg
    barnpredoors.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 3,140
   / How much does it cost to build a pole barn?? #18  
buckeyefarmer - I am interested in the pole you have mounted on your tractor. I see some sort of a cable and pulley mounted on it to lift your trusses in place. Can you tell us more about your FEL boom lift? how did it mount to your tractor, how did well it work, etc. ;)

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn?? #19  
10x20 is a pretty small barn but 2K isn't a bad price. Will this size be tall enough to drive your tractor into.

I'm in the planning stages of building a 32x40x14 pole barn. I don't know about your part of the country but on the east coast in PA there is a dealer who sells pole barn kits for the DIY'er. I'm planning on building mine within 6-8 month's so I've contacted a local pole barn builder in my town to quote me a kit price for materials only (one that I would build myself) and a completed shell with floor that he would build and I could finish the inside. Check your area for pole barn builders and shop around.

/ How much does it cost to build a pole barn?? #20  
We are building a new house and we need an outbuilding to store the tractor, firewood, lawn mower etc. I'm looking at having a mini barn built, but they want about $2k for a 10x20 size. Can anybody tell me what it costs roughly to have a pole barn built? Ideally it would be 300-400 sq ft.

Thanks! :D
I am going to have a 24X32X12, 1 ft. overhang,overhead door,36 inch service door,40 year warrenty metal sides and roof for $7000 erected.coobie