Poison Ivy?

/ Poison Ivy? #1  

RobJ

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500
ran across this yesterday and wanted to double check. It has 3 leaves on a stem, red vine...BUT, the vine has stickers on it and the leaf is saw toothed.

I have a bunch of it!!

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• poisonivy.JPG
    poisonivy.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 1,065
  • poisonivy (1).JPG
    poisonivy (1).JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 4,239
   / Poison Ivy? #2  
Looks like rasberry to me... Ivy usually a little redder, straight leaves, and "viney" (though it can appear as a shrub.

/ Poison Ivy? #4  
Leaves have that oily look, out of respect for the discomfort it can cause, i would treat it as poison until proven otherwise.

/ Poison Ivy? #6  
Not poison ivy.

It should be the state plant of Virginia, there's so much of it here.:eek:

/ Poison Ivy? #7  
The indigenous black berries have here (aka black caps) do not vine like that and just push up new growth. Guess the ultimate test is to rub some on and see what happens, if nothing else will find out who your friends are??

/ Poison Ivy?
tallyho8 said:
Looks like my blackberries to me.

Cool exactly it!! We picked some blackberrys this weekend but I suspect they might have been due berries (not sure of the difference there either). They are growing in with some corn I planted in a food plot area. Years of a mess it'll take some time to get rid of the junk.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• garden (4).JPG
    garden (4).JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 351
  • food-plot.JPG
    food-plot.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 209
   / Poison Ivy? #9  
Good Evenin Rob,
Im not sure what it is but its not poison ivy ! As others have said a reddish color on the leaves and also an oily look to it, but Im sure there are various varieties ! ;) Of course I wouldnt roll naked in it either ! :)

/ Poison Ivy?
scott_vt said:
Of course I wouldnt roll naked in it either ! :)

Oops, wish I would have know that BEFORE my wife and I had our evening nudest walk through the woods. hehe :D I guess rolling around in it isn't good either?? ;)