Type of Grass to plant..

/ Type of Grass to plant.. #11  
In the fall you can throw down some winter rye for ground cover and in the spring just till it up a little, you don't want to till too deep since it's only grass seed and then broadcast the bermuda seed and pull a roller or cultipacker over it and let the spring rains take care of the rest.

/ Type of Grass to plant.. #12  
again...this is my experience...just plant in the fall, the type of seed you want to use for a lawn. No need for anything else IMO. The following spring you will have exactly what your looking for.

Good luck with the building

/ Type of Grass to plant.. #13  
I'll start off by saying I don't know anything about planting grass in Tx. Thought I throw this out for consideration. Around here one typ plants pasture in the fall.

I replanted some pasture last fall and have a very limited amount of equipment to choose from so I made do with what I had. Last Oct I took the tiller to the pasture and made 2 passes getting 4-5 inches deep. Using a small broadcast spreader I applied the seed. To help get the seed covered I went back to the tiller. I set the tiller to go about an inch deep and set the PTO in one of the higher speeds. Ran across the field and it appeared to cover the seed. Fall rains came and seed came up within 2 weeks. Come spring the fall/winter rains had the soil settled, pretty even growth and no bare spots.

Will say my tiller has a set of wheels in the back to help control depth and the tractor has 4 speeds for the pto. I wouldn't hesitate to plant/replant another field using this same technique.