Hot!

/ Hot! #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
Man its hot here! We're very familiar with hot weather down here. Temps in the high 90's are typical and low 100's aren't uncommon but that usually starts in late July or early August. Its been over 90 for several days already and the forecast for the next few days is in the high 90's and above 90 for the next full week!

Its supposed to be 100 in Columbia and word is the devil is already leaving there for his summer home Maine. Typically he hangs around until at least July.

And there is no rain in sight. I suspect my corn and sunflowers are doomed. We're still in an 'extreme' drought here (or something like that...maybe its 'severe') left over from last summer. But last year the drought came later. If its cranking up in May/June were going to be in for trouble.

Just griping about the weather. Been hanging out with farmers too much I guess. Must be contagious.

/ Hot! #2  
I hear ya. You're preachin' to the choir on this subject. It's already miserable here too. Same temps you state have been recorded here since mid-to-early May.

No rain in sight here either. We are in a drought...have been since 2006. It seems that when we do get a rain, it's 3" in 30 minutes. It all runs off. We need a tropical depression to park over us for about 3 weeks!

Hopefully, this hurricane season will help us out a little.

Podunk

/ Hot!
My cabin has no central heat or air. I've got a little window unit in the big room and a tiny one in the bedroom. Up to about 90 degrees they do okay but when it gets any higher they can't get it down below 82 inside. So it aint no fun there when its this hot.

You are so right about hurricanes. For all the bad they can do, they can also do a lot of good. A hurricane that burns itself out by moving inland with tons of rain can do great things for drought areas.

/ Hot! #4  
We're expected to approach 90 on Friday but quite honestly I'm looking forward to some warmth. Withthe exception of a 1.5 week string of days in April, our spring has been down right cold. Looking forward to the warmth. I love the feeling of some good hot weather for the first time...it feels like the pores in my entire body open up and all the winter sludge comes oozing out. It feels like a good cleansing.

/ Hot! #5  
Yep, we're having temperatures in the low to mid-90s each day. The only thing that keeps is from being plumb miserable so far is that it's staying windy (right now 24, gusting to 32 mph), but that breeze, too, will probably end by the end of this month. We did have a good rain back on the 27th of last month, though. I figure I got 1.88" although I think officially the airport north of me got an inch more than that.

/ Hot! #6  
N80 said:
Its supposed to be 100 in Columbia and word is the devil is already leaving there for his summer home Maine. Typically he hangs around until at least July.

N80,

The devil is going to freeze to death up here,....only reached 63 for a high today with a good Northeast wind to cool it down more. Sunny weather predicted for tomorrow, but the temperatures won't get much better until Saturday. Sunday is when the hot and humid air arrives. You are running warm weather early and we are running a little late for warmer air. We are looking forward to some warmer temperatures here, the furnace is still running at night and I'm already having nightmares about the price per gallon of fuel oil for next winter. Dyer, retired

/ Hot! #7  
It is 97 outside right now and has not rained a drop in 10 weeks, have not seen it this bad before. The 15 acre horse paddock does not have a blade of grass in it, all the alligators have wondered off looking for something with water in it, only good thing has been the total lack of mosquitoes.

/ Hot! #8  
Send it my way. I have continued to burn my woodstove to prevent freezing. Overnight lows in the mid 40s and highs barely past 60. Rain dripping from my ears. Corn grew up 3 inches and is stalled until we get some heat. Cold, dreary, windy, puget sound region.

/ Hot! #9  
Good Evenin George,
Wow that is hot !!! We have had a few warm days but for the most part not too bad, but I understand by the weekend its going to be 90 ! :eek: Thats warm up these parts ! ;) :)

Good luck with the crops !

/ Hot!
That IS hot for up there. You got AC in the house?

And they just changed the forecast here, for the next 5 days 99,99,98,96,95.