Report from PA

/ Report from PA #1  

pennwalk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 186D
This had to be one of the nicest days of the year.:) The temperature was 85. The sky was blue with fluffy white clouds. The grass is as green as it gets. The Barley was golden and the farmer was harvesting it. This is the first time the farmer ever grew barley on the farm and it has been beautiful. The huge green combine rolling over the hills at the farm was a pleasure to watch. The grain trucks were running hard to keep up. I got the mowing done and the old place looked pretty good. All in all a very satisfactory day.:D

Chris

/ Report from PA #2  
Agreed, we in Pa get very few of thees blue sky days with little humidity and no clouds. As I type this on my deck enjoying the evening air there are 26 deer and 2 groundhogs providing entertainment. The new fawns are cute to watch and it amazes me how fast they grow. This 144 acre hay field should have been cut by now but its not. Enjoy the weather cause it won't last.

Brad

/ Report from PA #3  
You must not have a job. I'd rather have a rainy day off than a sunny day of work.

/ Report from PA #4  
Wayne County Hose said:
You must not have a job. I'd rather have a rainy day off than a sunny day of work.

No, I'd rather work inside on a rainy day, have a day off when its sunny.

/ Report from PA
It is a shame how hard people have to work these days. There are only so many great days in a year and we only have so many years. I am sure glad I got to be outside yesterday. Today is looking like another nice day. I think the farmer has a guy coming it to bale barley straw today. He is supposed to use a bale bandit. I'd like to see that.

Chris

/ Report from PA #6  
Pennwalk, you must be a bit on the experienced side.... my mother keeps telling me I work too hard. I actually put in less hours than my peers. I can tell you for sure that a lot of people in my office are heading out early today to play golf - they're all dumping work on me and saying they need it at 2pm!

/ Report from PA #7  
It's very nice today also. I was just out playing with the bh and digging up rocks.
Warning - science content - About 13 thousand years ago the Laurentide ice sheet reached south as far as mid Pennsylvania. Along with ice, it dumped lots and lots of rocks on the area before it receded. It's my bad luck that it stopped a couple miles south of Bangor Pa and my place is on the rocky side of that line.