Hahsa Furnace with Sand as Thermo Mass ??

/ Hahsa Furnace with Sand as Thermo Mass ?? #1  

DHD

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Like alot of folks I have been looking for a way to reduce my use of heating oil. Does anyone have any experience with the Hahsa outside wood furnace?
My neighbor saw one once and said it is a DIY project that involves a plate steel fire brick lined furnace housed in cement block encloser, the cement block is insulated on the inside and between the styrofoam insulation and the furnace, water pipes are laid then the whole thing is packed with alot of sand.
I'd appreciate any feed back if anyone has any knowledge of this unit.

/ Hahsa Furnace with Sand as Thermo Mass ?? #3  
Hi, just joined up, there was an article in mother earth 1982[just got off the phone with a MH rep] helped me to get info on the Hahsa furnace] googled that up clicked on view pict. and brought up info.on the furnace ,built from cement block utilising many tons of sand for heat reactor ,m h has plans for sale [40 dollars] plans on Amazon for sale,very unique system for the day , still thinking of building my own. hope this helped

/ Hahsa Furnace with Sand as Thermo Mass ??
Hi, just joined up, there was an article in mother earth 1982[just got off the phone with a MH rep] helped me to get info on the Hahsa furnace] googled that up clicked on view pict. and brought up info.on the furnace ,built from cement block utilising many tons of sand for heat reactor ,m h has plans for sale [40 dollars] plans on Amazon for sale,very unique system for the day , still thinking of building my own. hope this helped

I started this post in June 2008, at that time a friend of mine had seen one of the Hahsa furnaces and eventually bought himself some plans for the Hahsa Furnace.
He never did build one, and I lost interest in the idea of feed an outside furnace.
I've now have a high efficient soap stone stove to take the sting out of the high heating fuel costs.
thank you for responding though, maybe someone else will view your post and respond.