Northern Tool "Hotline" membership - worth it?

/ Northern Tool "Hotline" membership - worth it? #1  

HappyCPE

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4320
I'm wondering if the $40/1yr or $60/2yr extra charge is worth the money. There's an obvious savings on shipping initially but as far as the other benefits go, does it pay? Any advantages or disadvantages? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

/ Northern Tool "Hotline" membership - worth it? #2  
H.F. Used to have this offer.They would offer discounts to members that they wouldn't offer everyone else.Is it worth it ?? Depends. If you are going to make a large purchase , or going to purchase alot of items . It may pay off. I don't know what discounts Northern offers with their membership

/ Northern Tool "Hotline" membership - worth it? #3  
i paied for it for a year, but dont think i got my money back. If you were looking at dropping $600 in tools in the next year, id consider it, but from what i could tell you had to buy 2-3 items in the $100-$200 range for it to be worth your while.

Same thing as amazon's preium shipping. if you arnt buying stuff from them every week and just get the occtional item from them, you might as well not pay the price and just go for the free shipping when you can get it (which for me is all the time)

/ Northern Tool "Hotline" membership - worth it? #4  
I have been buying quite abit of stuff over the past couple of years. Last year one of there Reps talked me into the "Hotline" deal. I fell for it. I did not realize in the sales pitch, the only items that qualifie are in the Hotline fliers that are sent out about every three months.

They also told me I would be getting "all these discount volchers" It turns out they are dated and have min. price limits on them.

I have had hotline for about 8 months, Have not used it, although I have ordered from NT from the reg. catalog. IMO----- Not Worth IT!!!