Log cabin construction

/ Log cabin construction #81  
I am trying to figure out when "Thom", a guy with an avatar of Captain Kirk holding a light saber, "grew up"? :D:D:D:D:D

LOVE the oak trees and moss.

Later,
Dan

/ Log cabin construction #82  
We've got some champion live oaks on our properties that put out a good mast crop for all the deer, turkeys, squirrels, quail and hogs......

/ Log cabin construction #83  
We've lived in a Cypress Log home for over twelve years now and it has been more than great, in fact, it gets better every year! :D

Good Afternoon Thom,
Great article and home ! Thanks for the pictures !

/ Log cabin construction #84  
That's a beautiful place, TNhobbyfarmer. I am actually gathering ideas for a cabin home since availing a small property in Virgina. Having lived in the city all my life, I'm really excited about how my place in the outback would look like.

/ Log cabin construction #85  
Hello everyone! I am new here and i just registered on this forum! So i am really sorry if this is not the appropriate place for my post!
I was searching online for some log home and i came across this site log home construction and i wanted to ask if any of you have used it or know any one who has used this site....so far the site looks good and reliable and i need so experienced people to confirm that to me before ordering from it!
Thank you very much!

/ Log cabin construction #86  
I really can't believe some of the myths people are saying on here. If you want to build a "real" ( not a kit log home) log home, you need to check out this site: Log homes & log cabins from scratch - Don't buy kit log homes These guys have been around for decades and so many homes from the students on there have proven all the myths wrong.

/ Log cabin construction #87  
Just noticed a reply to this 6 year old thread; thought I'd add some pictures of the log cabin
that I built in the summer of 1969. (My gosh, that's been 45 years ago now)

I built this cabin in the Alaskan interior on Gardiner Creek. I dragged the logs in by hand.
The cabin was 12 x 16. Got the door and windows from an old abandoned trappers cabin even
farther in the boonies than mine was.
Got the boards for the roof from a lumber camp in the Yukon; floated them down the creek
on a canoe to the cabin.

It was a lot of work, even for a young man; the hardest job though was digging the potty hole
in the permafrost. Had a lot of adventures while living in that cabin; sometimes it seems like
just yesterday.

My_Alaska_cabin.JPG

Here's the kitchen corner

Kitchen_area.JPG

Here's the sleeping corner

Sleeping_area.JPG

And heres the woodstove corner

Woodstove_corner.JPG

/ Log cabin construction #88  
Just noticed a reply to this 6 year old thread; thought I'd add some pictures of the log cabin
that I built in the summer of 1969. (My gosh, that's been 45 years ago now)

I built this cabin in the Alaskan interior on Gardiner Creek. I dragged the logs in by hand.
The cabin was 12 x 16. Got the door and windows from an old abandoned trappers cabin even
farther in the boonies than mine was.
Got the boards for the roof from a lumber camp in the Yukon; floated them down the creek
on a canoe to the cabin.

It was a lot of work, even for a young man; the hardest job though was digging the potty hole
in the permafrost. Had a lot of adventures while living in that cabin; sometimes it seems like
just yesterday.

View attachment 369004

Here's the kitchen corner

View attachment 369005

Here's the sleeping corner

View attachment 369006

And heres the woodstove corner

View attachment 369007

Great nostalgia pictures! Do you have any idea what kind of condition that cabin is in today, or if it's still in use?