Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Elite Member AlanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,532
    Location
    Clarksville, TN, USA
    Tractor
    NH 1925

    Default Pramitol sterilant experience

    So I am thinking abou trying Pramitol soil sterilant

    PRAMITOL 25E HERBICIDE RESIDUAL WEED KILLER (4 GAL) Full Case! - $155.60 : KeystonePestSolutions.com, ~ Lawn, Garden & Deer Food Plot Pest Control Products

    But the keep it twice the dripline distance from trees you don't want to kill seems to rule it out for me.

    Also concerned about groundwater and my well recharge then spraying on the garden.

    But I am not sure that my 24D / 41% glyphosphate would actually be considered "good" for the environment either.

    Experience with trying to keep grass etc. out of a gravel drive surrounded by trees that you wish to keep alive appreciated. Experience with the Pramitol product in particular would be great.

  2. #2
    Super Member kenmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    6,835
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

    Default Re: Pramitol sterilant experience

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanB
    So I am thinking abou trying Pramitol soil sterilant

    PRAMITOL 25E HERBICIDE RESIDUAL WEED KILLER (4 GAL) Full Case! - $155.60 : KeystonePestSolutions.com, ~ Lawn, Garden & Deer Food Plot Pest Control Products

    But the keep it twice the dripline distance from trees you don't want to kill seems to rule it out for me.

    Also concerned about groundwater and my well recharge then spraying on the garden.

    But I am not sure that my 24D / 41% glyphosphate would actually be considered "good" for the environment either.

    Experience with trying to keep grass etc. out of a gravel drive surrounded by trees that you wish to keep alive appreciated. Experience with the Pramitol product in particular would be great.
    I have to say . I used it on baseball field last year with poor results.It sure didn't sterilize the soil on the B B field. Had to go back to spraying 41% glyphoshhate. IMO not worth the $

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    2,387
    Location
    Mid-Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota L210

    Default Re: Pramitol sterilant experience

    How long is the drive? I have a big paver patio that sprouts weeds all summer. I usually use glyphosate, but I also have used my weed burning torch a couple of times. Seems to me that the weeds stay gone about as long with the torch as with the glyphosate, but with a really long drive the torch might be a pain.... unless you put together a burner as wide as your drive that you could attach to your tractor! WooWoo! I can see it now. Run that baby at night and light up the neighborhood!

    Does that season long Roundup work at all...or was that some other herbicide?

    Chuck

  4. #4
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Pramitol sterilant experience

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck52
    How long is the drive? I have a big paver patio that sprouts weeds all summer. I usually use glyphosate, but I also have used my weed burning torch a couple of times.

    Chuck
    Beware aiming a torch at pavers. It can cause pieces to flake off if you stay in any one spot too long. I did it once by accident on a sidewalk.

    John

  5. #5
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,108
    Location
    Meridian Idaho
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

    Default Re: Pramitol sterilant experience

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck52
    Does that season long Roundup work at all...or was that some other herbicide?
    I've used Roundup Extend with good results.... but it is pricey as you have to mix several ounces per gallon.

  6. #6
    Super Member kenmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    6,835
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

    Default Re: Pramitol sterilant experience

    Isn't roundup extend 41% glyphosate ?? I found a product at Lowe's (product name) Ultra Kill 41% glyphosate alot cheaper than Roundup

  7. #7
    Silver Member zionview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    224
    Location
    Central PA
    Tractor
    BX2200 and B8200HST Kubotas

    Default Re: Pramitol sterilant experience

    Glyphosate only kills what is actively growing. What sprouts the day after you spray will grow unimpeded. I'm surprised that Pramitol had bad results. We had a 22 acre field custom sprayed-the contractor ran out of material and had to reload- he accidentally mixed Pramitol in the load for the last 7 acres. The field peas sprouted and died, so we planted soybeans. They grew to about an inch and a half and died. That fall, we seeded wheat. It grew poorly in patches and we ended up tilling it under(it was on a slightly rolling hill, so we were trying to get something on the ground for erosion control). A local paver buys Pramitol to put down before paving to control grow-throughs in driveways. It seems to work for him.

  8. #8
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,108
    Location
    Meridian Idaho
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

    Default Re: Pramitol sterilant experience

    Quote Originally Posted by kenmac
    Isn't roundup extend 41% glyphosate ?? I found a product at Lowe's (product name) Ultra Kill 41% glyphosate alot cheaper than Roundup
    Regular Roundup is but the Roundup Extended Control is another product. Label says 1% glyphosate and 2% "perlargonic acid and related fatty acids" along with .017% "Imazapic, ammonium salt".

    When you put it down you don't just spray the plants but wet every inch of soil. If it rains you may need to re-apply. I've used this on some of my bark covered berms etc. and it seems to work pretty well for the summer.

    For just glyphosate I buy the generic stuff.

  9. #9
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,562
    Location
    SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

    Default Re: Pramitol sterilant experience

    Anybody use Roundup QuikPro?

    I've had good results with it , but I've never tried Roundup Extended Control.

  10. #10
    Super Member kenmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    6,835
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

    Default Re: Pramitol sterilant experience

    Quote Originally Posted by charlz
    Regular Roundup is but the Roundup Extended Control is another product. Label says 1% glyphosate and 2% "perlargonic acid and related fatty acids" along with .017% "Imazapic, ammonium salt".

    When you put it down you don't just spray the plants but wet every inch of soil. If it rains you may need to re-apply. I've used this on some of my bark covered berms etc. and it seems to work pretty well for the summer.

    For just glyphosate I buy the generic stuff.
    I confused the extended control ( what u r using) with roundup super concentrate. Regular roundup is less than 41%. Roundup super concentrate is 41% at about $40.00 per QT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.