Pramitol sterilant experience

/ Pramitol sterilant experience #1  

AlanB

Elite Member
Tractor
NH 1925
So I am thinking abou trying Pramitol soil sterilant

PRAMITOL 25E HERBICIDE RESIDUAL WEED KILLER (4 GAL) Full Case! - $155.60 : KeystonePestSolutions.com, ~ Lawn, Garden & Deer Food Plot Pest Control Products

But the keep it twice the dripline distance from trees you don't want to kill seems to rule it out for me.

Also concerned about groundwater and my well recharge then spraying on the garden.

But I am not sure that my 24D / 41% glyphosphate would actually be considered "good" for the environment either.

Experience with trying to keep grass etc. out of a gravel drive surrounded by trees that you wish to keep alive appreciated. Experience with the Pramitol product in particular would be great.

/ Pramitol sterilant experience #2  
AlanB said:
So I am thinking abou trying Pramitol soil sterilant

PRAMITOL 25E HERBICIDE RESIDUAL WEED KILLER (4 GAL) Full Case! - $155.60 : KeystonePestSolutions.com, ~ Lawn, Garden & Deer Food Plot Pest Control Products

But the keep it twice the dripline distance from trees you don't want to kill seems to rule it out for me.

Also concerned about groundwater and my well recharge then spraying on the garden.

But I am not sure that my 24D / 41% glyphosphate would actually be considered "good" for the environment either.

Experience with trying to keep grass etc. out of a gravel drive surrounded by trees that you wish to keep alive appreciated. Experience with the Pramitol product in particular would be great.

I have to say . I used it on baseball field last year with poor results.It sure didn't sterilize the soil on the B B field. Had to go back to spraying 41% glyphoshhate. IMO not worth the $

/ Pramitol sterilant experience #3  
How long is the drive? I have a big paver patio that sprouts weeds all summer. I usually use glyphosate, but I also have used my weed burning torch a couple of times. Seems to me that the weeds stay gone about as long with the torch as with the glyphosate, but with a really long drive the torch might be a pain.... unless you put together a burner as wide as your drive that you could attach to your tractor! WooWoo! I can see it now. Run that baby at night and light up the neighborhood!

Does that season long Roundup work at all...or was that some other herbicide?

Chuck

/ Pramitol sterilant experience #4  
Chuck52 said:
How long is the drive? I have a big paver patio that sprouts weeds all summer. I usually use glyphosate, but I also have used my weed burning torch a couple of times.

Chuck

Beware aiming a torch at pavers. It can cause pieces to flake off if you stay in any one spot too long. I did it once by accident on a sidewalk.

John

/ Pramitol sterilant experience #5  
Chuck52 said:
Does that season long Roundup work at all...or was that some other herbicide?

I've used Roundup Extend with good results.... but it is pricey as you have to mix several ounces per gallon.

/ Pramitol sterilant experience #6  
Isn't roundup extend 41% glyphosate ?? I found a product at Lowe's (product name) Ultra Kill 41% glyphosate alot cheaper than Roundup

/ Pramitol sterilant experience #7  
Glyphosate only kills what is actively growing. What sprouts the day after you spray will grow unimpeded. I'm surprised that Pramitol had bad results. We had a 22 acre field custom sprayed-the contractor ran out of material and had to reload- he accidentally mixed Pramitol in the load for the last 7 acres. The field peas sprouted and died, so we planted soybeans. They grew to about an inch and a half and died. That fall, we seeded wheat. It grew poorly in patches and we ended up tilling it under(it was on a slightly rolling hill, so we were trying to get something on the ground for erosion control). A local paver buys Pramitol to put down before paving to control grow-throughs in driveways. It seems to work for him.

/ Pramitol sterilant experience #8  
kenmac said:
Isn't roundup extend 41% glyphosate ?? I found a product at Lowe's (product name) Ultra Kill 41% glyphosate alot cheaper than Roundup

Regular Roundup is but the Roundup Extended Control is another product. Label says 1% glyphosate and 2% "perlargonic acid and related fatty acids" along with .017% "Imazapic, ammonium salt".

When you put it down you don't just spray the plants but wet every inch of soil. If it rains you may need to re-apply. I've used this on some of my bark covered berms etc. and it seems to work pretty well for the summer.

For just glyphosate I buy the generic stuff.

/ Pramitol sterilant experience #9  
Anybody use Roundup QuikPro?

I've had good results with it , but I've never tried Roundup Extended Control.

/ Pramitol sterilant experience #10  
charlz said:
Regular Roundup is but the Roundup Extended Control is another product. Label says 1% glyphosate and 2% "perlargonic acid and related fatty acids" along with .017% "Imazapic, ammonium salt".

When you put it down you don't just spray the plants but wet every inch of soil. If it rains you may need to re-apply. I've used this on some of my bark covered berms etc. and it seems to work pretty well for the summer.

For just glyphosate I buy the generic stuff.

I confused the extended control ( what u r using) with roundup super concentrate. Regular roundup is less than 41%. Roundup super concentrate is 41% at about $40.00 per QT.