New Hunting Season in Michigan

/ New Hunting Season in Michigan #1  

Tororider

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4310
They just approved another 4 days early for gun hunting. Sept 18-22 for antlerless. That is on top of being able to hunt from Oct 1- Jan 1 if you bow/gun/muzzleloader hunt. Not sure yet if I will go out, I am leaning towards yes, depending on what the weather is like at that time, just because I haven't gotten one in awhile and they are normally less skittish at that time.

/ New Hunting Season in Michigan #2  
We watched a doe and fawn in the back yard last night. They came almost up to the window....looked like they wanted to see what we were watching on TV. There's a special urban hunt season in this county and my SIL is going to come up and reduce our herd a bit for us this year. I figure we could have a successful thrown-rock season around here.

Chuck

/ New Hunting Season in Michigan #3  
Where I am at here in SC, where deer season began Aug 15 and runs till Jan 1. And it can be any kind of weapon you choose, (rifles the whole season if you want). You see does mostly early on. In Oct and Nov, when the rut kicks in, is when most bucks are harvested. It's funny...we have such a long season, (with baiting in the lower half of the state), and not as many deer are killed as you would expect. I guess we hunt a little all along, instead of one or two mad dashes. The heat of summer while hunting...it's just something you get used to.

Last edited:
   / New Hunting Season in Michigan
Yeah, I am sure I will go out, just in camo jeans and a camo tshirt. Would be nice to put a doe in the freezer early and then wait for a big boy from then on.

/ New Hunting Season in Michigan #5  
The WRC is talking about starting General Gun season when Bow season starts. Basiclly let one hunt with whatever you want from early fall to January.

The deer are herding up. Saw a good size set of spikes on a buck this morning. There is a herd of 5 that hangs around the house. And I do mean around the house. One came up to a Dogwood tree about 20 feet from the house this week. A couple where in our front yard 20-30 feet from the dining room. Easy shot. :eek: Almost grabbed a kitchen knife Tarzan style and jump from the window to get 'em. :D

The does with the fawns hang out down the hill at the neighbors. :D

Later,
Dan

/ New Hunting Season in Michigan #6  
near on ran me over a momma turkey and 4 or 5 baby chicks that were about half size momma this evening bout 6:45.

just standing in the middle of the road and acted like i was to stop and pay a toll or something.

/ New Hunting Season in Michigan #7  
Not to hi-jack this thread but did they agree to let folks hunt with cross bows this year in bow season?