Small Game Hunting in France with Pics!

/ Small Game Hunting in France with Pics! #31  
Y'all are more then welcome to my share of snails. I've decided I really like Oysters, but snails are just a bit too far.

I think it is funny how we develop a sense of what is delicious and what is disgusting to us.

I saw a documentary about some tribe that ate tarantulas and it showed them roasting and eating them. It was revolting. And yet, one of my favorite foods in the world is boiled blue crab, which is nothing but a hard shelled water spider.

I've seen people that eat those big Madagascar roaches. It looks nasty. But I'll eat shrimp and crayfish all day long.

Snails seem weird and gross, but oysters, clams and even conch (a big snail) are wonderful.

In some places they eat rats and the thought of it is sickening, but I've eaten my fair share of squirells.....which a basically bushy tailed rats.

Bottom line is, a lot of it is just what you're used to. I try to keep that in mind when trying new foods.

/ Small Game Hunting in France with Pics! #32  
I think it is funny how we develop a sense of what is delicious and what is disgusting to us.

I saw a documentary about some tribe that ate tarantulas and it showed them roasting and eating them. It was revolting. And yet, one of my favorite foods in the world is boiled blue crab, which is nothing but a hard shelled water spider.

I've seen people that eat those big Madagascar roaches. It looks nasty. But I'll eat shrimp and crayfish all day long.

Snails seem weird and gross, but oysters, clams and even conch (a big snail) are wonderful.

In some places they eat rats and the thought of it is sickening, but I've eaten my fair share of squirells.....which a basically bushy tailed rats.

Bottom line is, a lot of it is just what you're used to. I try to keep that in mind when trying new foods.

George, You are absolutely right. I try to keep my knowledge of taxonomy out of my head when eating shellfish for that precise reason!

You're still welcome to my snails :p though my gf is always telling me that they are just vehicles for garlic, parsley and butter - I Loooove garlic parsley and butter. But I think a Tofu snail would do me just fine.