Does your Lowes allow dogs?

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #11  
Unrelated I know but I was at a cafe the other day that welcomes dogs in their outdoor area. The waitress even brings a doggy bowl of water over when you stop in for a coffee :) I think it makes good business sense, as I saw alot of people out walking thier dogs, and they were all stopping in for a quick coffee and a chat with friends.

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #12  
I take my dog to the Home Depot sometimes, other times he stays in the car. He is an airedale over 90 pounds and well behaved, but I still don't take him in when the store is too full. As far as I know he likes it in there and HD people like him.

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #13  
I've never tried at Lowes or the Depot, but i have seen small dogs in shopping carts at Lowes.

My local TSC welcomes dogs, and always has biscuits on hand.

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs?
Thanks for all the replies.. I sent an email of to Lowes Corp expressing my displeasure in the policy of the Bedford, VA Lowes.. The Lowes and Home Depot in Lynchburg (25 min from here) do allow dogs.. the local TSC and the Farm Bureau are both very pet friendly..

Our dog doesnt go every where with us, but I do like to take him when and where I can.. A local winery has a 'horse and hound' festival ( Home ) each year that we love to go to with Snicker.. We do go out of our way to participate in any local activity that allows pets..

Brian

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #15  
Raised and trained service dogs for physically handicapped (usually wheelchair bound). Lots of PR to get the puppies socialized into urban and not so urban society. Lots of work, emotional rewards. Dogs permitted just about anywhere Infection Control is not an issue. Have been in restaurants, hospitals, grocery stores, pretty much you name it. Dogs were always identified and easily recognized as service dogs.

Now a 'regular' dog, would depend a lot on the dog and handler. Even my fairly level headed one have now, i would not want the responsibility. If i cannot have fun being out with her, then she will pick up on that and will not have as much fun as well. Pretty much it is your insurance that tells you where you and your buddy can go.

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #16  
No, not at all. However, you can come in if you're a Gator, Seminole, War Eagle, etc...:D

Podunk

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #17  
Here in FL, they seem to allow dogs in a lot of places if they are small and ride in the cart, but you never see people with big dogs. And service dogs are allowed everywhere it seems. We have a lady who brings her service dog to church. He sleeps through the sermon, though :D

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #18  
15 years ago, I had a 15 lb.West Highland White terrier, " a Westie", that I would occasionally have with me, when I went to the home centers. I never wanted to leave her in the car, so I would put her in the seat of the shopping cart, and she would sit very nicely and enjoy the ride.

One day at our Lowes, I was stopped at the door, by an associate, who said:
"ASSISTANCE ANIMALS ONLY!!!!" :mad:

To which I replied: "This is an assistance animal." :p

She said: "What kind of assistance animal is that???" :(

I said, (dead serious): "It's a lumber picking dog." :cool:

She spoke to the manager on the phone, and then waived me in. :D

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #19  
Apparently things are quite different in other parts of the country from what I'm accustomed to. I do see a lot of signs on the doors of businesses stating that assistance animals only are permitted so I guess they do have people occasionally try to enter with dogs. But, as I mentioned earlier, I've seen one small dog in a cart in one Lowe's store, and other than Petsmart and veterinarians' offices, I don't recall seeing any dogs taken into any business establishment. I know I wouldn't even think about taking a dog into a business establishment any more than I'd think of taking a dog into someone else's home without permission in advance.

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #20  
If you work at Google or Amazon, you can take your dog to work with you.

Would love that.