Does your Lowes allow dogs?

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #41  
The AKC as a whole, is a bunch of **** retentive coffin dodgers. The AKC, in my opinion, has out lived their usefulness. :cool:

I can go along with that. :)

After the European breeder I do business with explained to me that, in his country, it is a felony equivalent to inbreed as allowed by the AKC I lost almost all respect for that group; the AKC. It's no wonder that so many 'pure breed' dogs listed by the AKC are plagued by genetic defects. I understand that the best "American Pit Bull Terriers" are actually bred in Europe! If the AKC allows something like 6 or 8 generations of inbreeding (I am so disgusted by them on that matter I stopped reading in horror), it's no wonder some animals have terrible genetic defects!

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #42  
Not that it matters, but according to the AKC, any "white" shepherd dog automatically disqualifies it as a German Shepherd Dog..

I believe it is still a German Shepherd Dog..

It may not be allowed in the "Breed Ring", but they only want the "Dog" to look good and prance around according to their standard.

Having owned both "pet" quality and "show" quality GSD's, I'll take the pet anyday.

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #43  
I believe it is still a German Shepherd Dog.

Actually, no. Even the far more respected UKC classifies them as a "White Shepherd Dog". They are considered decedents of German Shepherd Dogs but have other breeds mixed in for the color change. A 'white' dog was considered useless as a guard dog when the breed was established. A separate breed was established for the white animals. Here is a link to the White Shepherd Dog from a club I consider superior to the AKC. United Kennel Club: White Shepherd (Revised October 1, 2008)

/ Does your Lowes allow dogs? #44  
I had thought I had seen this but was not sure so I did not post.

Last Friday I went to Lowes to try to buy some things. They struck out the previous week on having some parts but I figured they would have want I needed this time.

Walking into the store there was a guy in front of me with a little lap dog. He put the dog into a cart and went into the store. The man with the dog stopped and talk to an employee. The employee petted the dog, told the man what he needed to know and off they went.

I went and looked for the three things on my list. Found them but one item was the last one on the shelve, no box and might have been returned. Tried to find a replacement, a spray bottle but none to be had in the store. They have replaced much of the garden supplies with Halloween and CHRISTMAS decorations. :eek:

So I go check out. The bill is 13.82 cents. Had the cash so I handed the cashier a 20. Thought to my self, self, I bet this messes her up. Self was right.

I THINK what she did is entered into the register that I had given her $200. She did not want to cancel and rescan. I only have two items after all. She just wanted to give the change. The problem? She did not know HOW to give change. She called over the older cashier. SHE could not count change either. They were futzing around trying to figure out how to get a calculator! :eek: The called over another guy who said the F2 key pops up a calculator.

With the help of the F2 key they were able to figure out how much money to give me.....

My third grader is learning this stuff right now.

What I can't figure out is....
- Does the register show them pictures of the each and every coin they need to give the customer? Otherwise how do they count out the coins.
- I'm assuming they just dont train people in this skill?
- Since she entered 200.00 into the register and did not cancel she has a problem. The register will not balance at the end of the day and she will have to explain all of this. I don't think she can steal cash doing this. I don't think it will balance. Had a cashier do this years ago when credit cards were still done on slips. She forged the CC to a higher amount and took the cash. She got caught.

Anyway, just remember the Lowes registers have a calculator on the F2 key. :D

Later,
Dan