Anybody heading to the woods tomorrow?

/ Anybody heading to the woods tomorrow? #1  

czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
The bow season in Fauquier county, VA starts on the 4th, I am all packed and ready to go - anybody else is heading out tomorrow?

/ Anybody heading to the woods tomorrow? #2  
Howdy. I live in nearby Culpeper, Virginia. Though I haven't been bow hunting in a few years, I fondly remember this time of year. I didn't really care if I got skunked, I just loved watching nature from 25 ft above the ground. It also was exciting to try out all my new equipment purchased over the summer. Good luck to you.

/ Anybody heading to the woods tomorrow?
Exactly. I went scouting twice a week the whole September just to enjoy my first coffee up on a tree waiting for the sunset.

By now, the deer should be used to the smell of my Tchibo.:)

/ Anybody heading to the woods tomorrow? #4  
Bow season starts Oct 1st here and I have yet to be out. I got a new bow this spring and have to get it sighted in better before I feel comfortable heading into the forest with it. Just wouldn't be responsible of me to go out yet. Just had the bow set up a few weeks ago. I did go out a couple weeks ago when Michigan had an early antlerless shotgun season. Wouldn't you know it, I can't shoot a buck and I saw 6 of them. Hope it stays that way for bow season though because they were close enough to jump on top of. Good luck!!!

There is a thin line between hunting and sitting on a metal contraption in the woods like a idjit:)

Enjoyable either way.

/ Anybody heading to the woods tomorrow? #6  
I may head to the Woods today but it will be to enjoy a nice fall day and take Dog for a walk. :D:D

I don't hunt anymore and if I did I'm afraid the aim would be to not be successfully. Be successful in this case is not the aim of a lazy person!:D

The "Aim" might also just be lousy.:D

/ Anybody heading to the woods tomorrow? #7  
There is a thin line between hunting and sitting on a metal contraption in the woods like a idjit:)

Enjoyable either way.

Try ice fishing- the line is considerably thinner!:D

That accounts for about 8 hours a year in Virginia:)