Whiskey decanters....value??

/ Whiskey decanters....value?? #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
Mom has several decanters... trying to get an idea of any value... the FIRST one is actually full, seal INTACT and dated 1961. The pictures will tell the rest.

Any idea if/any value?

Attachments

• Copy of 1.JPG
    Copy of 1.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Copy of 2.JPG
    Copy of 2.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Copy of 3.JPG
    Copy of 3.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 128
   / Whiskey decanters....value??
Here's three more. Technically the FIRST one is unopened although the seal has dried & cracked over the years (probably 40 years)

Contents are actually full on the FIRST picture (bottle with green top)

Second picture, with the leather belt, has something in it but only a little. NO interest in contents here I'm sure

Third one, 'fancy' bottle also has broken seal, contents about 50% level

Just curious if these have any collector value (especially the first one with seal intact :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 149
   / Whiskey decanters....value?? #3  
Hiya,

THey could have some collector value for the bottles. I wouldn't expect much as all the makers cranked out those type display bottles during the 60's and 70's. Another pricing aspect is that blended whiskeys don't command a high price unless they are in the Johnny Walker Blue range.

Be careful of selling any booze online. Many online buyers of taxed/controlled items, (booze, fireworks, ciggs) are law enforcement officers. For example, selling to another person in a different state could put you in violation of state tax laws and possibly delivery to a minor charge. Not to mention since you would not have a valid state/local liquor license in that jurisdiction, could open you up to all sorts of legal headaches.

My suggestion, get a few friends together, grill up some steaks after that play a few rounds of poker while you enjoy some cocktails. After the bottles are empty, stick them on ebay and see if you can cover your listing fee.

My 2 cents,

Tom