Looking For Some paint Info/Ideas

/ Looking For Some paint Info/Ideas #1  

BSVLY

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Howdy:
A few years ago I posted here on this little project. I had purchased a place with 12 poles set in the ground and 4 of them were fire damaged. I had the four damaged poles cut down and about a year ago had a contractor that was putting up a steel garage also put a roof and cap on the remaining 8 polls. It gave us some decent parking shade.

PB1.jpg

Above P-Barn is 15 X 50 feet and has 10 foot eve height. Walled-in section is 15'X30'

I now want to move ahead to make a storage shed out if it, so we had another contractor partially build-out the walls this past month. I will eventually close out the walled-in area with a door and will leave the front portion open and use it for parking shade etc.

PB2.jpg

The eves are open to the inside all the way around and I plan to screen them off to prevent the birds from nesting in the rafters. I now want to paint or stain the inside of this building to seal the wood. Note:-this building will really "breathe" and the humidity inside will swing with the weather. How do I protect the inside wood from the elements?

1) Prime with Kilz2 and then paint with Exterior Acrylic latex? Sounds like a lot of work)

or.......

2) Shoot it with some sort of colored stain? I just want to seal the wood and give it a uniform color coat.

I would enjoy hear what some of you have done on similar structures and what you may recommend.

BTW- Notice the encroachment of civilization 40 miles in the distance ;)

Thanks

/ Looking For Some paint Info/Ideas #2  
You could spray it with solid latex stain. If you go with a color similar to what it is now, it will go pretty fast. Home Depot sells a pretty good Behr exterior oil/latex hybrid solid stain for $20/gal.

Kilz and paint is great. But, it is going to cost you.

Wear a respirator, if you end up spraying it.

If you give up on the even color thing, you could use Thompson's water seal in a garden sprayer to waterproof it. (cheap)

/ Looking For Some paint Info/Ideas
You could spray it with solid latex stain. If you go with a color similar to what it is now, it will go pretty fast. Home Depot sells a pretty good Behr exterior oil/latex hybrid solid stain for $20/gal.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the BEHR site and found the Oil/Latex stain you mentioned. That is a definate top choice so far.

Thanks again

/ Looking For Some paint Info/Ideas #4  
maybe spray it w/ linseed oil? i think that may be your cheapest alternative... good luck an plz post a finished pic!