Well the journey has begun- lots of pics

/ Well the journey has begun- lots of pics #1  

Flatheadyoungin

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45 Shuttle
Well, as most of you know, we finally closed on our 43 acres. It has been a loooong journey and tested my patience. We started back in February of this year and just closed on the 15th of this month.

I know I've posted this here and there on the site but I really liked how some of the regulars on here have a single thread that they post their updates in from time-to-time.

So, here we go........it's gonna be quite a journey.....

We bought a tractor
We finally closed on the land
We started clearing and opening up the old place
All of you have helped will all of these steps
Now begins:
Lot's more clearing the fields
Making a place that we can enjoy on weekends- like a simple camp
Recovering from the $$ we just spent
Begin the process of home building (several years away)
Research all heating, cooling, insulation, various types of construction, saving money on building supplies (auctions, sales, cut lumber on sawmill, etc.)
and MUCH more!

I really look forward to utilizing all of you folks experience and advice in this journey and I want to thank all of you and the board owner ahead of time. It really means a lot!

/ Well the journey has begun- lots of pics
Here is a pic from Google Earth. The red line represents the driveway......er, well, the old horse and tractor path.

2.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic looking from the road up my 30 foot wide driveway which crosses a 50x50 foot square and then accesses the 43 acres.

And, these pics leading up the drive is my first day on the property.....we closed about 2-3 and I was out there by about 4:D You could say I was a little anxious after 8 months of waiting.....

DSC07123.jpg

DSC07119.jpg

DSC07115.jpg

DSC07114.jpg

Now, in front of the tractor, you make a right hand turn and look up the long part of the driveway. Here are some before and after pics, you can see from the date.

DSC07128.jpg

After a few hours of clearing away

DSC07131.jpg

/ Well the journey has begun- lots of pics #5  
Fantastic looking place! Congrats!
You have years of fun ahead.

Here's an outlined (in yellow).........the main part of the property...

And, some before and after pics of "the view" facing northeast (yellow arrow).......The pics don't do it justice. When I took my wife up there for the first time back in the early spring, we walked around the corner, there, and I heard her gasp......she was pointing at the view.....

All of these pics were taken from the yellow arrow area facing north, northeast or east...

2-3.jpg

DSC06357.jpg

DSC06359.jpg

DSC06659.jpg

DSC06699.jpg

The neighbor showed up with the big dog:rolleyes: .....his 85hp with a 10 foot bush hog brand hog. Suddenly, it became apparent how big his tractor, er, how small my tractor is!:D He wouldn't take anything....heck of a guy! I guess he felt he needed to help out after I gave him permission to ride and do a little hunting.......

DSC07174.jpg

My TC45 with a 88" Alamo flail would do the same thing, it's just that my ground speed was much slower. I'll tell ya, that flail is VERY impressive. It just chews it up! I made this pass, and then he showed up.

DSC07170.jpg

DSC07173.jpg

The aftermath from the onslaught of the BIG green machine!

DSC07186.jpg

DSC07189.jpg

DSC07165.jpg

DSC07172.jpg

The kids sure liked the area!

DSC07169.jpg

DSC07164.jpg

/ Well the journey has begun- lots of pics #7  
nice looking place. I am sure you will have many happy years running your tractor around there reclaiming the land.

/ Well the journey has begun- lots of pics #8  
Yes, that sure is a nice looking place.
I remember reading in other threads where you were thinking of doing this.
So now here it is ... congratulations. We also camped for almost 4 years before we built our new log home. From the photos, it looks like you'll have plenty to do to keep you busy!
BTW, I noticed you use a Photobucket account for your pictures.
There is a "Generate HTML and IMG Code" button at the bottom of each page.
You can check the box below each picture and generate a clickable thumbnail IMG code so when you post it, it loads up pretty quick even for us slower rural internet connection guys. We can click on the thumbnail and let it load up while we are reading your thread, then go and view it. Otherwise it takes us a really long time load the thread and to view your beautiful photos.
Thanks,
Rob-

/ Well the journey has begun- lots of pics #9  
Sounds like you have at least 1 good neighbour :)

It looks like you have alot of wooded area to give privacy. How much of the place have you explored? Have you walked the boundary? What about picking out spots for your future house or camping spots?

3rrl:
Yeah, I was looking for that and now I can't find an edit button like I usually can.........I'm sure all of these are hard on the slower connections......I'd fix it if I could edit it...

Yeah, it's about 13 acres of what you see in the pics and about 30 acres of woods in two patches....

This used to be my ole' stompin' ground, so I know it quite well. I did cover some places on Sunday that I either didn't remember or had never been on. There's just a few smaller sections that I haven't covered yet.

I have some pics looking south.......those are next on my post agenda.....home site and a focal point of the property.....a big ole' oak tree...

edit: see, i can edit this one but not the others...hmmmm

test pic:

Sounds like you have at least 1 good neighbour :)

It looks like you have alot of wooded area to give privacy. How much of the place have you explored? Have you walked the boundary? What about picking out spots for your future house or camping spots?