/ What size threads is this?? #1  

thatguy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I am looking at oil filters and found the following in the specs:

M20x1.5mm so the Diameter = 20 mm and pitch is 1.5

Then i see another filter that has

M20x1.5-6H What does the "-6H" stand for??

Brian

/ What size threads is this?? #2  
Just a SWAG- but maybe 6 threads high?

/ What size threads is this?? #3  
Height of the filter in inches, probably. Was it in a US filter catalog? If so, it would make sense. They would have to list the threads as metric, since that is what the machine has, but they use the more common (to us) inches for height.

/ What size threads is this?? #5  
I am looking at oil filters and found the following in the specs:

M20x1.5mm so the Diameter = 20 mm and pitch is 1.5

Then i see another filter that has

M20x1.5-6H What does the "-6H" stand for??

Brian

That's probably tolerance the thread is made with. Here is more information.

/ What size threads is this??
That's probably tolerance the thread is made with. Here is more information.

I think you are absolutely correct... Thats NOT so say i fully understood what they were saying in the link.. LOL

Growing up oil was oil.. grease was grease... bolt were bolts and nuts were nuts.. Then somebody had to come and complicate matter for everyone with detailed specifications and uses LOL Not that that is a bad thing mind you

thanks again

/ What size threads is this?? #7  
I think you are absolutely correct... Thats NOT so say i fully understood what they were saying in the link.. LOL

Growing up oil was oil.. grease was grease... bolt were bolts and nuts were nuts.. Then somebody had to come and complicate matter for everyone with detailed specifications and uses LOL Not that that is a bad thing mind you

thanks again

You are welcome:)

Tolerancing simply describes, how precisely was the part made. Like what is the guaranteed most lose/tight fit.

/ What size threads is this??
You are welcome:)

Tolerancing simply describes, how precisely was the part made. Like what is the guaranteed most lose/tight fit.

Thanks for the simple definition.. I even re-read the website and still wasnt quite sure what it was.. LOL

Brian

/ What size threads is this?? #9  
Same theory applies to your commonly used Unified Thread "fractional or inch" fasteners. There you have class 1,2 &3.

A common 1/4-20 thread is most likely class 2. Now throw in the letter A and B which designates internal or external thread and you'll really be confused :)

http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/screws/screws_intro.cfm