Shelled Corn Cracker

/ Shelled Corn Cracker #1  

dsb5610

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 4720 Cab
Anyone know of a source for a shelled corn cracker? I am looking for a small one that would be hand fed and preferably electric. I am familiar with the high volume ones used when filling a silo or feed truck but I am interested in a small scale one. Any ideas would be appreciated.

dsb

/ Shelled Corn Cracker
Thanks Charlz. I found similar ones searching around. All of them seem to be in that price range which I think is pretty steep. Think I will throw some in the blender and see what I get.

dsb

/ Shelled Corn Cracker #4  
I bought an Automatic LA100 rollermill at a farm sale about 15 years ago for $100. I took the electric motor off and rigged it on my grinder-mixer over the supplement hopper to roll roasted soybeans. As farms get bigger, I would think there would be more of these units going on the auctioneer's blocks. They are sized to roll shelled corn coming out of sealed silos such as Harvestores.

/ Shelled Corn Cracker
I've used both a cracker on a silo blower and a cracker on the coveyors before it goes into the feed truck. When I was a kid my dad ran a portable feed mill that had various size screens to control how coarse the finished product was. I am thinking of something small scale that could do a bushel or so at a time. A hand crank one would work but the manufacturers are sure pround of the new ones I found.

dsb