Gold Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4720 Cab

Default Shelled Corn Cracker

Anyone know of a source for a shelled corn cracker? I am looking for a small one that would be hand fed and preferably electric. I am familiar with the high volume ones used when filling a silo or feed truck but I am interested in a small scale one. Any ideas would be appreciated.

dsb

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4720 Cab

Default Re: Shelled Corn Cracker

Thanks Charlz. I found similar ones searching around. All of them seem to be in that price range which I think is pretty steep. Think I will throw some in the blender and see what I get.

dsb

Tractor
    BX2200 and B8200HST Kubotas

I bought an Automatic LA100 rollermill at a farm sale about 15 years ago for $100. I took the electric motor off and rigged it on my grinder-mixer over the supplement hopper to roll roasted soybeans. As farms get bigger, I would think there would be more of these units going on the auctioneer's blocks. They are sized to roll shelled corn coming out of sealed silos such as Harvestores.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4720 Cab

I've used both a cracker on a silo blower and a cracker on the coveyors before it goes into the feed truck. When I was a kid my dad ran a portable feed mill that had various size screens to control how coarse the finished product was. I am thinking of something small scale that could do a bushel or so at a time. A hand crank one would work but the manufacturers are sure pround of the new ones I found.

dsb