Best way to plow snow?

/ Best way to plow snow?
Well, I'm out of the plowing business for awhile. As I posted on the JD forum, I went to the Grange to plow snow there & sprung a hydraulic leak. Those hydraulic fittings are a bear to get loose!

Timing was good as it warmed up the next day and most of the snow went away over the next 3 or 4 days. Still had a few little patches yesterday, 6 days after I sprung the leak, but it is no longer an issue. Today we are forecast to get 3" of rain, unheard of around here, along with winds of 20-30 mph. Watching the 100 ft. tall trees near the house.

/ Best way to plow snow? #12  
Do you have gauge wheels for your rear blade? That will keep the blade from digging in too bad. That is how the pickup truck mounted plows work. The ones I have used had cast iron/steel pucks behind the blade that rode down on the ground preventing the blade from digging in too badly. With gauge wheels set so the blade is just above the ground, and enough weight to insure the wheels work down into the snow to contact the surface beneath, it should work just like a truck mounted plow does...

/ Best way to plow snow? #13  
fab up a bolt on rubber "cutting edge" about 3-4" below the steel?
it'll still move the snow, but should be a bit more forgiving to your gravel.
(lots of professional snow movers have these on their front blades)