Talk about a Christmas suprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Talk about a Christmas suprise #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
My wifes cousin lives in a small town of about 2500 people here in central Illinois. Her and her husband woke up Christmas morning to find someone had stole all the Christmas presents from under the tree while they were sleeping in the next room. They found all the wrapping paper in the alley where the crook or crooks had opened the packages. It takes a lot of nerve to break in to someones house while they sleep.

/ Talk about a Christmas suprise #2  
Alarm...
Dog...
Light-sleeping spouse...

Problem solved. I'm glad noone was hurt and I'm sorry about their gifts :(.

Podunk

/ Talk about a Christmas suprise #3  
That is just plain ruthless!
I hope they find out who did it.
What part of IL ?

/ Talk about a Christmas suprise #4  
That kind of stuff happens every year. Pretty hard on the kids. Adults can bounce back quicker. :(

Someone pulled down my Christmas lights the day after Christmas. I had 20 strands on a 35' tree. Third year in a row they have done it. I usually just put them back up. Takes about an hour or two. However, this year they smashed the bulbs and tied them in knots. :rolleyes: About a hundred bucks in damage at $5.00 a strand. The cops said there is a house down the block that they suspect the teenagers in several burglaries in the neighborhood and several other instances of holiday decoration vandalism.

Time to get an infrared game camera and take some "holiday portraits" of the neighborhood kiddies for display at the post office. :D

/ Talk about a Christmas suprise #5  
My wifes cousin lives in a small town of about 2500 people here in central Illinois. Her and her husband woke up Christmas morning to find someone had stole all the Christmas presents from under the tree while they were sleeping in the next room. They found all the wrapping paper in the alley where the crook or crooks had opened the packages. It takes a lot of nerve to break in to someones house while they sleep.

I feel so sorry for them. That is a really cruel thing to do.

/ Talk about a Christmas suprise #6  
During my years on the police department, it was frequently depressing to work burglaries in which all the Christmas gifts were taken just before Christmas. It can happen anywhere to anyone, but most frequently happened to families that could not afford to replace those gifts.

this year they smashed the bulbs

My wife and I were assistant managers of an apartment complex the first few years we were married, and a few days after Christmas one year, I heard bulbs break and went outside to catch two teenage boys who were smashing the bulbs in a string of Christmas lights belonging to an elderly lady who lived in one of the apartments. Naturally, they were apologetic when caught, and fortunately, I caught them when they'd only broken 3 or 4 bulbs.:D However, the old lady told them she'd be glad to forgive them if they'd help her take down and put away all her decorations, and they quickly agreed.:)

/ Talk about a Christmas suprise #7  
If I get the camera next year, I am hoping to get nice mug shots and use our large format printer (4' x 8') and post their pictures in my front yard. :D

/ Talk about a Christmas suprise #8  
First of all they are lucky the crooks didn't wake them up to rob them as well or even cause bodily harm to them.
I'm sure they are now looking at getting an alarm system or a dog.
I'm glad they weren't hurt.

/ Talk about a Christmas suprise #9  
Dogs are great, my G-Shepard of 14 years who's now gone :(
Stayed in the house...as a matter of fact he owned the house,
no one came in or went out without his permission!

/ Talk about a Christmas suprise #10  
We are just getting over our big ice storm and have had line crews from all over the country getting us back on line. One crew from Indiana that has worked all over the place was full of stories,wading across swamps after Katrina and stepping on bodies and about the woman In Illinois that came out to threaten them so they had to back away,then the rest of the neighborhood came out and pounded her for chasing off the lineman! Lot to be said for living out in the woods!

Status
Not open for further replies.