Maverick 88 Shotgun

/ Maverick 88 Shotgun #11  
It seems (according to several gun dealers) that there is great demand now because people are concerned with gun control policies in the future.

I didn't want to be murdered by my wife the last couple of months by going out and buying my "one gun per year" rule, without a job. Started in a new position last week. So... I decide to mosey over to my local shop (who always has great stock) and look for something.

I almost fell over dead. Handguns, rifles, you name it, inventory is WAY down. Couple of AR's, big and heavy though. They told me Kimber stopped shipping at the end of last year because they have to get caught up. They unboxed a new STG556 rifle that I've had my eye on, but they're supposed to come out with one that will accept AR mags, which is what I'll wait for.

Go up to another shop I frequent, same thing. Almost nothing on the shelf. Always seemed that the rural "local" shops were immune to national trends, but indeed, it's getting harder and harder to find guns.

/ Maverick 88 Shotgun #12  
My local gun shop has back orders on AR's with 4 different manufactures. After the election he sold out on his used and new inventory. Hasn't been able to restock very quickly other than shotguns.

/ Maverick 88 Shotgun
Thanks for the Gunbroker.com reference. Interesting site that I will spend some time browsing. There are a lot of Mavericks listed. Most have the long barrel, which I don't want. There are some of the short barrel models but most are selling at a premium price, especially when shipping and FLL transfer fees are considered. I'm sure there will be one that's good though, if I keep looking.