Super Bowl

/ Super Bowl #1  

coachgrd

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1870
How many of you are saddling up for the big game? Any unique foods on the menu for your parties?

All I can say is, as a long (l-o-n-g) suffering Browns fan, I can't wait until it's over. Another Stiller victory just adds to the pain of the past 35 years for me. My two favorite teams will always be the Browns and whoever is playing the Stillers!

This area of NW Pa is smack dab in the middle of the Buffalo-Pittsburgh-Cleveland triangle. There was a time when Browns fans were as plentiful as Stiller fans (Buffalo fans always ran a distant third.) Now I seldom see another Brown fan sporing the colors. The Steeler nation, it would seem, has taken over the area.

Oddly enough though, I hardly ever see Pirate gear around, even in the summer. Go figure.

Goooooooooooooooo Cards!

/ Super Bowl #2  
I guess I'm just the opposite of you. My family have been Steeler fans since the mid 60's, so no band wagon jumpers here. I Still like the Brownies though. I lived in the Cleveland area before they were hijacked to Baltimore. Gotta say I was plenty surprised at that move. I had never seen better fans than Browns fans. Now I live in between the two and am not really that into football any more. I'll watch the Superbowl though, never know when there will be another wardrobe malfunction. It'll also be a good reason for taking a day off of this low/no cholesterol diet I've been on since December. I'm thinking quesadillas smothered in salsa and sour cream, makes me hungry just thinking about it.

/ Super Bowl #3  
It should be a real good game considering the Steelers don't want to lose, especially to the Cardinals and don't want to lose a Super Bowl period. One the other hand, the Cards have a great deal at stake here too, in that it's their first Super Bowl and they have a lot to prove in their minds, certainly that they really belong in the league of Super Bowl teams.

We'll all know in the first half, I think, who came to play football and who is "on their game" Sunday. Personally, I'd like to see the Cards win, but only because they've never been there before and as a Philly native originally, I've never liked the Steelers that much.

/ Super Bowl #5  
How many of you are saddling up for the big game? Any unique foods on the menu for your parties?

Good Afternoon Coach,
Well my team aint in it, so I think I will just concentrate on the food ! ;):)

/ Super Bowl #6  
GO STEELERS

The problem with the enthusiasm for the Browns is that they "jumped ship".

It takes a while for that team loyalty to rebuild. The Steelers have been in Pittsburgh since 8 July 1933, that is sufficient time to build a lot of team loyalty and pride.

Be patient all three of you diehard Browns fans, you will be there again in 50 or 60 years.:rolleyes:

/ Super Bowl #7  
Being that I'm a Ram's fan, I'm rooting for the cardnials. Kurt Warner was a great QB for the Rams and I was upset to have seen him go. So go Cards!!

/ Super Bowl #8  
I haven't watched a football game all year and was suprised to hear the Cardinals were any good this year. It's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon, during the game, so if I'm traped indoors and have everyhing caught up that I'm working on in my workshop, I'll watch some of it. To me, sports are pretty low in the list of things that I find interesting in. Even lower on that list would be the players.

Eddie

/ Super Bowl #9  
To me, sports are pretty low in the list of things that I find interesting in. Even lower on that list would be the players.

Eddie, that sounds a lot like me.:D I didn't even know the Super Bowl was tomorrow or who was playing until I saw this thread. I think there was one Sunday afternoon this past year when I was really bored and nothing on TV that I cared about and I watched a football game on TV, or at least part of one, but I've forgotten which game and who was playing.:rolleyes:

/ Super Bowl #10  
GO STEELERS

The problem with the enthusiasm for the Browns is that they "jumped ship".

It takes a while for that team loyalty to rebuild. The Steelers have been in Pittsburgh since 8 July 1933, that is sufficient time to build a lot of team loyalty and pride.

Be patient all three of you diehard Browns fans, you will be there again in 50 or 60 years.:rolleyes:

* GAME OVER*

THE FOOD WAS GREAT:D

just a little heartburn:eek: