Building a gun range, suggestions?

/ Building a gun range, suggestions? #41  
I bet them's some pricey rounds.

guess no one's shooting depleted urabium huh? ;)

soundguy

/ Building a gun range, suggestions? #42  
They can be. I have seen them as high as $25 each at shows to as little as $5 being sold by people who didn't know what they had. It also helps to have sources. :)

/ Building a gun range, suggestions? #43  
sweet... now that's the last time I complain about my 500rem or 50ae ammo prices at 3$ per round!

soundguy

/ Building a gun range, suggestions? #44  
One reason I hand load almost everything I shoot. Cheap 338 Lapua Mag loaded ammunition starts at around $5 and goes up from there. Match ammuntition, you don't even want to know.

In my collection I have a couple pistols and rifles that you can no longe get ammunition for. The only thing left is antique ammunition. That's one of the reasons I started loading my own ammunition. Even if loading dies are not available for a cartridge you can get them made for a reasonable price and just use a similar case, trim to length and resize it.

/ Building a gun range, suggestions? #45  
That's what I'm having to do for a jap type 26 9mm rimmed revolver I have... IE.. getting someone to resize similar brass and reload it for me.. etc.

soundguy

/ Building a gun range, suggestions? #46  
Sounds like you should start reloading yourself. Higher quality ammunition made for the exact application you intend it for and best of all making ammunition for obsolete calibers.

Just curious, how much are you paying for your Jap 9mm Rimmed? I think GAD custom cartridges loads it for something like $20 per 50.

/ Building a gun range, suggestions? #47  
25$ for 50.

I'm not sure what they ar emaking it from.. but guess resized 38.

I've been considering reloading for a while.. just never gotten into it yet.

Would probably be good to do.. I collect dozens of obsolete calibers.

soundguy

/ Building a gun range, suggestions? #48  
If you have a lot of obsolete calibers you should check out GAD. Gad Custom Reloaded Cartridges and Shell Reloading Services That's what they do, hard to find and obsolete calibers.

If you shoot with any frequency it would probably be worthwile reloading. I think the best part of it is that it's actually fun. I really enjoy my time in the reloading room. Both RCBS and Hornady have very nice starter kits. Hornady has come out with some real nice equipment in the last couple of years that is very reasonably priced. If you ever give reloading serious thought and have any questions I would be happy to help if I can.

/ Building a gun range, suggestions? #49  
If you have a lot of obsolete calibers you should check out GAD. Gad Custom Reloaded Cartridges and Shell Reloading Services That's what they do, hard to find and obsolete calibers.

If you shoot with any frequency it would probably be worthwile reloading. I think the best part of it is that it's actually fun. I really enjoy my time in the reloading room. Both RCBS and Hornady have very nice starter kits. Hornady has come out with some real nice equipment in the last couple of years that is very reasonably priced. If you ever give reloading serious thought and have any questions I would be happy to help if I can.

I may take you up on that info one day.

I almost got into relaoding about 10 ys ago.. I used to go shooting with an older disabled friend.. ( lost his legs due to diabetes ).. and he reloaded.. he was gonna teach me, but his health failed.. and I never took the plunge.

soundguy

/ Building a gun range, suggestions? #50  
I can't recall if I mentioned it here or in another post, but I've never reloaded anything. However, when I bought this last Desert Eagle a month or so ago I got a set of RCBS dies and a Dillon press with it along with a few hundred cleaned .50AE brass in sealed boxes. I have to admit that I now have a certain itch to try my hand at reloading, but I know absolutely nothing about it.

All I know is that I'd like to be able to reload the .50AE, the .50 S&W Magnum and the .50 BMG cartridges. Heck, for that matter, the .454 Casull and .480 ammo is quite expensive as well. Anybody spend much time reloading? Just to reload the .50AE, what else do I need besides the RCBS dies (they are new in their box and unopened) and the Dillon press? I just don't want to spend another $300 on equipment to find out that I can reload 20 cartridges an hour. Time is of a premium for me. I have no idea how long it takes to reload. Still I don't ever see me getting into reloading common 9mm, .40 or even .45ACP. Any info?