I really need a bigger tractor

/ I really need a bigger tractor #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
Besides the fact I need a larger tractor to help out on the farm people keep getting their tractor trailers stuck on our property and my TN is way too small to get them out while hooked up. Tonight the power company managed to back their tri axle tractor with tri axle detachable neck lowboy down our driveway to load a large crawler with man boom on it. Well the crawler is quite heavy and with the condition that driveway is in there was no way they were going to make it out loaded. I had them detach the trailer and I could pull the tractor loose so they could unload the crawler. Once the tractor was free I smoothed out the ruts and they unloaded the crawler. I led the crawler to a spot up on the other side of the road where it is flat and gravel ground. The tractor reattached to the trailer and could then get out of the driveway. There was no way I was going to budge that rig though while loaded:eek:

Last year one of the lime delivery trucks backed into a ditch and got buried before they dumped their load. They couldn't dump the entire load because they couldn't pull forward and couldn't unhook the trailer because of the ground conditions. I had to call my neighbor at that farm to come over with his 120hp FWA tractor and he pulled them out with ease. So if this keeps up I need a new tractor just to harvest trucks from my land as people keep planting them there:D

Tandem axle straight trucks are about the limits for my tractor to pull out which is why I can pull the tractors out but not loaded tractor trailers. I pushed my friends tandem axle International dump truck out of the place this lowboy got stuck before and had to pull the single axle town dump trucks out twice after they backed up too far and dropped their axle over the edge of the bank while dumping ditch diggings. Now if I could only keep these trucks after harvesting them:(

/ I really need a bigger tractor #2  
By the sounds dozer w/winch would be more in order when tugging on those big boys. ;)

/ I really need a bigger tractor #3  
On the converse side would it be possible to upgrade the road/driveway?:D

/ I really need a bigger tractor
On the converse side would it be possible to upgrade the road/driveway?:D

The power company is going to be rebuilding this driveway next year when they come in to replace some of the poles. The driveway is fine for our use but not for tractor trailers. It is fine for the rest of the utility trucks also but the hill leading up to the road is what caused the problem last night. They couldn't make it up and kept backing up to make a larger run at it until they got into a soft part of the drive. With all the water we have had everything has turned into mud which is why I was surprised to see them even attempt to pull that rig down there let alone load it before pulling out.

But I still have people getting stuck at other sections of our property as well as our other farm so a tractor would be useful for tillage as well as unsticking these trucks and my own equipment. But I can't afford to just yet:rolleyes:

By the sounds dozer w/winch would be more in order when tugging on those big boys. ;)

The dozer wouldn't be too handy when I have to take it to my other farm down the road. But it would have been nice yesterday except I would have needed to park it on Route 20 to get the truck out of there.

/ I really need a bigger tractor #6  
how much bigger were you thinking of going? would 120 be a starting point?

how much bigger were you thinking of going? would 120 be a starting point?

120 would be about the largest I would go. I don't need any more then that for my farm but it would be a nice setup to be able to help out around the neighbor hood when trucks get stuck as well as my own equipment. It definitely would be FWA with rear duals and possibly a loader.