WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN?

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #1  

capi75rs

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810
Well the time is getting close to start the garden again. What are some of the things your planting? For me: sweet corn (peaches and cream) tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, onions, green beans, and lettice. I really use to hate helping my family in the garden when I was younger, as I became older I realize just how important that garden is. Not only for the food savings aspect, but also for the family bonding. So whats in your garden?

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #2  
This year we are going to have peppers, tomatoes and onions :)

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #3  
Let's see here...

Left over from last year (2nd year for each) is asparagus and rhubarb. Already planted are yukon gold and red la soda potatoes. Also ruby red lettuce, arugala, 2 kinds of radishes, red and white onions, and carrots. Coming soon will be, buttercrunch lettuce, silver choice corn, black diamond watermelon, jumbo hale cantaloupe, porterhouse, big mamma, and 4th of july tomatoes, jalapenos, green peppers, cucumbers, zuchinnis, green beans, and pumpkins.

I think that's it?

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #4  
WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN?
clear.gif

Right now? Mud! :)

Yellow raspberries, grapes and Jerusalem artichokes are about all that's left from last year. As it warms we will have big tomatoes, medium tomatoes, yellow pear tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, hot peppers, Hungarian peppers, peas, beans, carrots, cukes, pickles, pumpkins, radishes, spinach, beets, and whatever else we feel like! :D

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #5  
Tomatoes, several varieties of peppers, carrots, cabbage, green beans, cucumbers, squash, sweet corn, and whatever else the deer, rabbits, and groundhogs might find tasty:D

Mark

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #6  
We planted most of our garden a few weeks ago. We kinda get a head start down here on the gulf coast. We put in about 300 foot total of sweet corn. Never had much luck with sweet corn before so we went bigger to try and get a good crop. We have the other usual, tomatoes, bell peppers, Jalapino peppers, green onions, green beans, purple hull peas, cucombers, okra.

Still to plant are squash and cantalope.

This is my first time at a big garden. I got my insperation from the large garden (about 3/4 - 1 acre) we are putting in at the church. I tilled it up for them about a month ago and we just finished planting everything there this past weekend.

most of the corn is up 6-10 inches. I did stagger the planting in 3- 10 day plantings. Bean plants are about 10 inches also and looking good. The okra and cucombers are slow to take off but it is warming up real good in the afternoons now.

The transplanted peppers and tomatoes are doing good except for a couple the died out. I think to much fertilizer when transplanting did them in.

I have been off work for 4 months after hernia repair and the garden is great light activity that keeps me busy. I even have time to weed this year. In the past I never bothered.

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #7  
7 differnt tomatoes, 3 different bell peppers, 2 different eggplants, lots of bush shell beans, i love the jacobs cattle ones. pumpkins, carrotts, lettuce, corn, peas,potatoes, cabbage, cantalope, watermelon and squash. i also grow some wheat on a small bed that had potatoes in it the year before to kind of green manure it.
I am going to try this this year. I will put down cardboard, and using a hole bit for my drill (got a cheap set from HF) i am going to place the plants in the holes to cut down on the amount of weeding. plus i mulch heavely with grass and double ground harwood mulch (i get a lot of it to mulch around my blueberry bushes too.)

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #8  
About 1/2 acre of pumpkins, also tomatoes, onions, potatoes, green beans, several kinds of squash, lettice, oh yea and did I say pumpkins.

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #9  
Good thread!

Every thing that we plant in our garden is Heirloom seed and i started
our tomatoes and peppers from seed last month.

We already have some things planted but will have to wait till May before we can plant the rest.

*Tomatoes--pike county orange__T.C. Jones yellow__Brandywine.

*Peppers--fat-n-sassy__chocolate peppers__hot peppers.

Corn__green beans__peas__pickling cucumbers__potatoes__sweet potatoes.

Cabbage__salad mix__onions__carrots__turnips__mustard__beets.

Spinach__radishes__garlic__zucchini__butternut squash__pumpkin.

Watermelon__cantaloupe__European melon__rhubarb__sunflower.

-----------The fruit that we have on our property.-----------

3-different types of apples__2-different types of cherry's__pear's.

Peaches__plums__grapes_(concord & Thompson)__mulberry.

Strawberry__blueberry__blackberry__raspberry.

*Here is a link where we got our seed from.

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - 1275 Heirloom Seed Varieties!

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #10  
Planting? How about picking? ;)
I'm picking Broccoli, have been picking Cabbage and Taters.

Attachments

• 000_0675.jpg
    000_0675.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 000_0676.jpg
    000_0676.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 141