Paid In Full

/ Paid In Full #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
Citi finally sent the paperwork... My Mortgage is history! Nice refund of escrow funds too... 20 years early on a 30 year loan (house is 10 years old). Cars, trucks and tractors are all paid off... Still have money in the markets, another house paid off with a new standing seam roof, new septic system and oil heating system. I am going to plant a bigger garder this year than ever before... raised 10 X 12 is not going to cut it this year! Don't use the political words or this will be deleted... Just saying be prepared to feed and care for your family!

mark

/ Paid In Full #2  
Citi finally sent the paperwork... My Mortgage is history! Nice refund of escrow funds too... 20 years early on a 30 year loan (house is 10 years old). Cars, trucks and tractors are all paid off... Still have money in the markets, another house paid off with a new standing seam roof, new septic system and oil heating system. I am going to plant a bigger garder this year than ever before... raised 10 X 12 is not going to cut it this year! Don't use the political words or this will be deleted... Just saying be prepared to feed and care for your family!

mark
I say good for you and your family.This is the true american dream.coobie

/ Paid In Full
Thanks Coobie... I'm 54 years old, Son is finishing up two years of college, getting ready for the next two years, wants to be a Navy pilot, College is paid for by family trust fund, sixteen year old daughter college fund is paid for by the same trust fund. Go Navy, I'm a retired Navy airdale (brown shoes rule).

mark

/ Paid In Full #5  
mjarrels -

A hearty congrats from a fellow retired brownshoe!

Many thanks as well for your service to our great country, and the sacrifices you and your family made along the way to get you where you are.

BZ!!

(PS. You need a yellow tractor to round out the ensemble.)

/ Paid In Full #6  
Feels good doesn't it. I paid mine off in 10 years and 5 months back in Aug 2000 (put in lots of overtime). I figured it saved me over 100,000 in interest(verses 30 yrs). The extra income goes into retirement and savings now.

/ Paid In Full #7  
Congrats!!! Debt free is great isn't it!

/ Paid In Full #8  
Congratulations on paying off the mortgage and early to boot.

I hate paying interest, I payed off my first house early and at the closing when we sold it (by owner, no realtor) the lawyer for the buyer asks my lawyer for the disbursement paper or what ever they call the paper work that says where all the money is going, like real estate commissions, mortgage payoffs and equity to the sellers etc.
My lawyer said just make out the check for the full sale amount to my clients, the other side was a little surprised since we were still fairly young at the time.

As far as the garden goes, I am seriously considering making a good size garden myself this year, we haven't had one in over 5 years,
In Jinman's garden thread, I mentioned I was going to make a "victory Garden" myself, kinda inferring the tough times necessity of it. Been hearing alot of people talk about gardens.

JB.

/ Paid In Full #10  
congrats all the way around.... I'm also debt free and planting a large garden, first time in years... reason is obvious to me, some of y'all, too;)