And I thought winter was over.LOL

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Just watched the local weather tonight there are calling for 5-9 inches of snow here in lower Michigan.Sure glad I took off my snow plow.LOL.coobie

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #2  
I'm getting worried, supposed to be 35 here Monday night. I have tomatoes setting on, peaches, oranges, grapefruit. That is to close to freezing for comfort. Think I will bag the trees, maybe cover a few of the tomatoe plants with blooms

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #3  
You should have known better. Just like us in the NY snow belt area you have 5-6 months of winter then a brief couple days of warm weather then right back to snow again. I took off my rear ballast last week but I figure even if we get a few inches I won't need it now. Hopefully we'll be done with snow by the end of this month. The guys down south have been planting for weeks already but I saw the weather report says they will have some low temps near freezing tonight.

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #4  
Our forecast is for 35 tonight and 30 tomorrow night. We have some tomato plants in big pots, so I moved them into the shop this afternoon and aimed a lamp with a "plant gro" bulb at them.:rolleyes:

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL
Our forecast is for 35 tonight and 30 tomorrow night. We have some tomato plants in big pots, so I moved them into the shop this afternoon and aimed a lamp with a "plant gro" bulb at them.:rolleyes:
Warm things up down there Bird.We are going to visit our daughter who lives in Plano Tx. the end of this month.Needless to say it,s been a long winter here.

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #6  
Warm things up down there Bird.We are going to visit our daughter who lives in Plano Tx. the end of this month.Needless to say it,s been a long winter here.

Coobie, it seems as if we usually have one last cold spell around Easter, and by late April, we should have our best weather of the year. And Plano was just a little farming community of less than 5,000 population when I graduated from high school there 51 years ago.:D Amongst other things, I was a part time, temporary mail carrier before and during my last year of high school and there was one day when we were short handed enough that only two of us delivered the mail, and that was in the days when the postman walked all the way and went up to each house to put the mail in a mailbox mounted near the front door. And the two of us covered the entire town that day; that's how big Plano was 51-52 years ago. And my Dad & I opened Plano's first auto parts store, to go along with the service station we already had, and the Continental Trailways and Greyhound bus station.:D

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL
Coobie, it seems as if we usually have one last cold spell around Easter, and by late April, we should have our best weather of the year. And Plano was just a little farming community of less than 5,000 population when I graduated from high school there 51 years ago.:D Amongst other things, I was a part time, temporary mail carrier before and during my last year of high school and there was one day when we were short handed enough that only two of us delivered the mail, and that was in the days when the postman walked all the way and went up to each house to put the mail in a mailbox mounted near the front door. And the two of us covered the entire town that day; that's how big Plano was 51-52 years ago. And my Dad & I opened Plano's first auto parts store, to go along with the service station we already had, and the Continental Trailways and Greyhound bus station.:D
Great history lesson Bird.I will pass this on to my daughter and grandson.Thanks,coobie

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #8  
We lived up that way for several years. I was the project accountant for the Frito Lay building up there. Finally did the close out work on that project over 3 years later after getting transferred to Houston.

We still have a mobile home lot up by Frisco, we rent out. It is near Hackberry. Drove up there one time and houses had grown up all the way around it in that farmland.

Hubby was superintendent for the highway project built through Frisco some years back. Our son graduated from Little Elm High School.

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #9  
Just watched the local weather tonight there are calling for 5-9 inches of snow here in lower Michigan.Sure glad I took off my snow plow.LOL.coobie

Aint there something about snow on the Dogwood blossom or something before winter is over?

/ And I thought winter was over.LOL #10  
Had a balmy 77 degrees with increasing winds over the day here in south central KY. Thunderstorm rolled through around 9:30pm with warnings. Supposedly, a tornado hit a few miles away. Calling for flurries by tomorrow afternoon or evening. Maybe a whole inch on Tuesday. I can live with that I suppose.

Weather is changing so fast I cannot even keep up enough to complain about it, lol!

Re: snow on the Dogwood. Back in PA where I grew up we called it the "onion snow".