Help! I need legal advice re: easements

/ Help! I need legal advice re: easements #511  
Concrete boots are quite trendy in the Chicago area.

/ Help! I need legal advice re: easements #512  
There's a lot that has come out of Chicago that the rest of us don't want spread.

About the surest way to get into something is a shared road/shared easement, etc. Sooner or later, it becomes a problem.

/ Help! I need legal advice re: easements #514  
But a good read to open your eyes to what can happen with easements. :thumbsup:

/ Help! I need legal advice re: easements #516  
After reading all this, I can definately say that MDBARB is a better and more patient person than I. I think that if I were his his shoes, my neighbor would no longer be a concern to anyone and the state would be paying for my room and board.

/ Help! I need legal advice re: easements #517  
The biggest concern is that nobody can read the future, and if he doesn't own the access to his place, or it's not on a public road, it doesn't matter how cheap the land is, it's not worth having. While some will disagree with this, I think that if you are buying, it's not worth taking that sort of gamble.

You hit the nail on the head IMO.

/ Help! I need legal advice re: easements #518  
I know this is an old thread, but felt the need to add. If any of you that have taken the time to read this have learned only one thing from all this. Let it be that being a "nice" guy or "taking the high road" gets you NOWHERE! In the past few years alone I have tried to be the "nice" guy in multiple different situations and all I have to show for it is less money and more frustration. Never again! While it may seem cold to approach EVERY situation as a you vs. them mentality from the start. It will only protect you in the future.

The sign of the times is everywhere you look, personal injury and civil lawyer ads all over tv, in print and on billboards everywhere. The country has sank into a giant BS contest and everything is about who can tell the best lie, not what the facts actually are. Look at tv or print ads for anything. There's always an asterisk or fine print that says that the things they just presented as fact are actually not. Ever go to a restaurant and get anything that looked close to the way it did in an ad?? NOPE! There are 4 different national television programming providers ALL claiming they have the most HD. OBVIOUSLY they all can't be telling the truth! but with little twists and asterisks they get away with what EVERYONE including them know is just mis representation of the actual FACTS!

With that small rant to explain my train of thought over. Let it be said that if you don't fight TOOTH AND NAIL for what is yours, someone else will. If you all look at history as a guide, we all see that it's usually the dastardly evil doer that gets their way. So don't ever assume, and don't ever expect ANYONE to do what you or I would consider "the right thing to do". Fight for it from day 1 and I mean FIGHT! The justice system doesn't care about you and in most cases is just a way for them to extract their "cut" of YOUR assets. YOU have to do what you have to do to protect you and yours regardless of what anyone says and REGARDLESS OF WHAT IT TAKES!

It took many experiences and many years to get this viewpoint, but it is the cold hard truth.

If everything in this thread by the OP is 100% true, then you have a perfect example of how following the law and going through the proper channels as set forth by government and being an upstanding citizen by all of societies definitions gets you NOWHERE! and even worse gets you screwed from good acting by liars in a civil suit. How's that for justice?

And yes I did register just to post this reply lol wake up folks, nobody cares about you or yours except YOU.

/ Help! I need legal advice re: easements #519  
Say Michigan Guy, is there an underlying story to your rant? Seems like you may have run into the old maxim "there is not justice, in or out of court" by Clarence Darrow.

/ Help! I need legal advice re: easements #520  
I know this is an old thread, but felt the need to add. If any of you that have taken the time to read this have learned only one thing from all this. Let it be that being a "nice" guy or "taking the high road" gets you NOWHERE! In the past few years alone I have tried to be the "nice" guy in multiple different situations and all I have to show for it is less money and more frustration. Never again! While it may seem cold to approach EVERY situation as a you vs. them mentality from the start. It will only protect you in the future.

The sign of the times is everywhere you look, personal injury and civil lawyer ads all over tv, in print and on billboards everywhere. The country has sank into a giant BS contest and everything is about who can tell the best lie, not what the facts actually are. Look at tv or print ads for anything. There's always an asterisk or fine print that says that the things they just presented as fact are actually not. Ever go to a restaurant and get anything that looked close to the way it did in an ad?? NOPE! There are 4 different national television programming providers ALL claiming they have the most HD. OBVIOUSLY they all can't be telling the truth! but with little twists and asterisks they get away with what EVERYONE including them know is just mis representation of the actual FACTS!

With that small rant to explain my train of thought over. Let it be said that if you don't fight TOOTH AND NAIL for what is yours, someone else will. If you all look at history as a guide, we all see that it's usually the dastardly evil doer that gets their way. So don't ever assume, and don't ever expect ANYONE to do what you or I would consider "the right thing to do". Fight for it from day 1 and I mean FIGHT! The justice system doesn't care about you and in most cases is just a way for them to extract their "cut" of YOUR assets. YOU have to do what you have to do to protect you and yours regardless of what anyone says and REGARDLESS OF WHAT IT TAKES!

It took many experiences and many years to get this viewpoint, but it is the cold hard truth.

If everything in this thread by the OP is 100% true, then you have a perfect example of how following the law and going through the proper channels as set forth by government and being an upstanding citizen by all of societies definitions gets you NOWHERE! and even worse gets you screwed from good acting by liars in a civil suit. How's that for justice?

And yes I did register just to post this reply lol wake up folks, nobody cares about you or yours except YOU.

It really depends on your social status, political ties,and your income level. Kind of ironic, but I think the United States government motto should be " I got mine"!