Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 7710 II FWA, NH TB110 FWA w/ NH 46LB loader, JD 5303 2wd w/ loader

Default 4 way lug wrench (what size)

,Im looking to buy a good 4 way lug wrench to keep in my truck. I was thinking of a Ken tool. I was told that most late model ('90 to present) trucks have Metric lug nuts. Is this true? I found one particular model T56 that has sizes 17,19,21,&22 mm. Would this be the best one for general all around use?

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

Default Re: 4 way lug wrench (what size)

I'd say the 17-22mm should cover about anything the average joe will need. I'm suprized it skips 18mm which is just a touch smaller than a 3/4 in. With larger bolts you can usually have a socket, wrench, 4-way, etc. that has a little slop in it and still make it work, because there is more surface area to work with.
    “History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.” Douglas MacArthur
    "The obligation of every human being to God, is higher than his duty to country, and not even a majority in society has the legitimate right to interfere with a man's allegiance to him."James Madison

Gold Member
    Tractor
    B7800

I agree with carpenter 17-22mm.Framer

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter383 View Post
    I'm suprized it skips 18mm which is just a touch smaller than a 3/4 in.
    19mm IS 3/4" (or least 0.001968504 shy)

(19 / 25.4 = 0.748031496)
    (18 / 25.4 = 0.708661417)
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

Well I guess you're right. I just remember using a 3/4 deep well to take 18mm spark plugs out of my old 4-wheelers. I've never actually did the math, nor am I any good at it. What is the deal with dividing by 25.4?
    “History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.” Douglas MacArthur
    "The obligation of every human being to God, is higher than his duty to country, and not even a majority in society has the legitimate right to interfere with a man's allegiance to him."James Madison

Gold Member
    Tractor
    none now

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter383 View Post
    Well I guess you're right. I just remember using a 3/4 deep well to take 18mm spark plugs out of my old 4-wheelers. I've never actually did the math, nor am I any good at it. What is the deal with dividing by 25.4?
    24.5 mm = one inch