I guess I will share my stupidity

/ I guess I will share my stupidity #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
I was using my 4x4 pickup truck this evening to pull a water tank to feed the sprayer. I was just finishing up the field and it started sprinkling so I figure I should get the truck out of the field before it starts pouring down. Before I could get to it, it started pouring down rain. I had thought about quiting sooner and getting it on the road but I wanted to get the field done before it rained. Stubborness I guess. I tried to get it out but it sank in 4wd down to the frame. I didn't have a chain to hook on to it and now it is pouring down. A guy passing by in a jeep ended up hooking on to me with a winch and pulled it right out I was real impressed with the winch. I had around 300 gallon of water left plus a 100 gallon fuel tank 16 ft trailer and my 2500hd chevy pickup. What was real impressive was he could not reach me from the road so he pulled in the field and winched me for a ways and then moved to the road and finished pulling me out. That is the first time I have had my pickup stuck where I had to be pulled out and hopefully the last. Next time I will get it out of the field the first sign of rain.

/ I guess I will share my stupidity #2  
Nah, sounds like good luck to have someone with the equipment and willingness to pull you out of the mud.

/ I guess I will share my stupidity #3  
First of all, wow on the jeep/winch thing. You gotta love engineers. That's amazing that he was able to pull you out like that.

Secondly, don't beat yourself up over a little mistake like that, that's what we're here for - to beat you up so you don't have to! :D

I would like to have seen pictures of that jeep pulling you out of the mud. Did you tear up the fields? Also, what kind of tires did you have on your truck. If you ever get the urge for a nice mud tire, I had some Goodyear MTR's one time, and they were awesome off road, but were still reasonable for highway's as well.

/ I guess I will share my stupidity #4  
"stupidty"...I don't believe so nor does jeep owner,just working man in need of helping hand. :)