Help name my farm

/ Help name my farm #12  
Well, you can't use Toad Suck cause that name is already taken. :D

/ Help name my farm #13  
I had to look "Esker" up...: An esker is a long winding ridge of stratified sand and gravel, examples of which occur in glaciated and formerly glaciated regions of Europe and North America.

I did not have a clue what an "Esker" was either. That would unusual in a name. "Esker Ridge"(OK I know that is redundant);). "Brock Esker" would define it as your esker.

Of course I am not very creative either. We still call ours the ranch after our name(2 generations now, so I guess dad couldn't think of anything better either;)).

/ Help name my farm #14  
You really ought to have a feel for the place by now- what it's like, what's significant, what's really stood out over the years. I always like 'Hollow' for a country place- Halloween Hollow, Toad Hollow, etc. I'm having the same problem with our place, but we don't live there yet, so I haven't been inspired. So far, the only things about mine that stand out are that it's on a hill (which already has a name) and there are a lot of blueberries. Blueberry Hill seems too obvious. I'll think about yours for a while.

/ Help name my farm #16  
I always liked AFTICA -- something about Another ....... Thing I Cannot Afford:eek::eek:

/ Help name my farm #18  
Young Hallows Farm

/ Help name my farm
Good work gang! You're stimulating the creative juices, keep em coming!

I have a pal who owns a metal shop and he has a laser and a water jet for cutting material. Once we settle on a name I'm going to have him make me a cool sign out of stainless with inlayed marbe. It's amazing what those machines can do.

So far what stands out to me is:

Keep it short and sweet

I like the references to nature

I like the esker bit too

I also like the zoo idea

Hmmmm......