How do I get neighbors to stop feeding wild animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How do I get neighbors to stop feeding wild animals? #1  

mikefromnh

Gold Member
I've never had a deer problem. But now my neighbor is leaving out corn and grain. Because they like to "see wildlife" -- They are from Mass.

Another neighbor had the nerve to complain that my barn cat was eating the cat food she was leaving out for the raccoons :mad:

I've tried explaining that it is not good to feed wild animals but they just nod and keep doing it anyway. They don't seem to care that my gardens and chickens are at risk.

They are all nature lovers so maybe I should thank them for making hunting easier?

/ How do I get neighbors to stop feeding wild animals? #2  
When you shoot the deer make sure you hang it so they can see that you appreciate the help in your hunt.Nod alot.

/ How do I get neighbors to stop feeding wild animals? #3  
As it's hanging, tell 'em, "I sure like grain fed deer!"

/ How do I get neighbors to stop feeding wild animals? #4  
Mike when you find out what to do let me Know this past winter has been the worst they put a little food out for them and a herd shows up then the come over here and eat all the wife's stuff we put deer netting on last year they ate it all off and all the shrubs that they were covering.tried repellent, hair ,netting nothing works. Right now we had to put elect. fence around all of the gardens Last winter there were 4 herds roaming through here with 8-12 deer in each herd and they bed down about 1000Ft from the house I shine the light into the woods at night and there's about 50 eyeballs staring back,Since there is not going to be anything left to eat this winter they will probably eat the siding off the house.
I think it's time for F&G to extend the season and let them take more deer!

BTW just think of all the ticks they bring with them.

/ How do I get neighbors to stop feeding wild animals? #5  
Do you let your neighbors tell you what to do ?

/ How do I get neighbors to stop feeding wild animals? #6  
Being a good neighbor, I would invite them over for a nice corn fed venison dinner right after hunting season to say thanks for fattening them up:)

/ How do I get neighbors to stop feeding wild animals?
Being a good neighbor, I would invite them over for a nice corn fed venison dinner right after hunting season to say thanks for fattening them up:)

Since they're vegetarians, I'm not sure how well that would go over. But I might give it a try.

/ How do I get neighbors to stop feeding wild animals? #10  
I think if one or two or three was "found" dead by there feed they might have a change of heart.

tom

Status
Not open for further replies.