DTV

/ DTV #1  

kenstrac

Platinum Member, RIP
Tractor
Kioti DK 45
Got up this morning reprogram TV lost 5 channels last week was wanting to watch an already programed channel and another channel was over riding it
why do we always have to fix things that aren't broke.

/ DTV #2  
I Here You kenstrac , We,ve been having to rescan for channels the last 2 weeks here . Did it again this morning & lost the ones We gained a month ago. down to 5 now . :eek: . Bob

/ DTV #3  
I'm not all that happy at my cabin I got 4 fuzzy stations.
The last time we were up, on digital we got 1 pbs station with 3 feeds that I didn't get before and one other but no abc cbs nbc and coulden't get the old stations.
I hate to admit it but those channels i did get were as good as my cable at home.

tom

/ DTV #4  
Got up this morning reprogram TV lost 5 channels last week was wanting to watch an already programed channel and another channel was over riding it
why do we always have to fix things that aren't broke.

To sell of the old band with to the phone company's for $$$$$$
and the heck with the public.

BTW the FCC isn't the ones that started this, congress decided we needed it.

tom

/ DTV #5  
I got up to the cottage this weekend and hooked up the digital converter box that cost $10 ( with the coupon) and 6 minutes later I had more stations ( with higher quality picture and sound) then I had with analog, I'm very happy with the change.:) Why did we wait so long?

/ DTV #6  
I think we were sold a bill of goods. The TV stations save money by decreasing the power they supply to their signal. We're out here trying to jump through hoops to satisfy them while we watch their numerous commercials plus a plug on every news show.
Butch

/ DTV #7  
I think we were sold a bill of goods. The TV stations save money by decreasing the power they supply to their signal. We're out here trying to jump through hoops to satisfy them while we watch their numerous commercials plus a plug on every news show.
Butch

No one is forcing you to watch this free service, just turn it off if you don't like it.

/ DTV #8  
No one is forcing you to watch this free service, just turn it off if you don't like it.

I,m glad its working out for You. But This so called free service has been Free since Television first started & Worked Great . Out here if You dont have Cable or dishtv ( Which are far from Free ) You cant even get the stations We,ve had for decades .

Also it Depends on the Weather of what You can get & We have to rescan several times a day just to watch the local news . A real PINA as far as I,m concerned . :rolleyes: . Bob

/ DTV #9  
The only thing consistent in life is change. I'm sure people were just as upset when analog television came out and started to take the place of radio.

"But radio has always been free and works great. Now if you don't have a new fangled television you can't get the Little Orphan Annie show."

New technology is always painful at first, but it will pay off in the long run. Cell phones switched from analog to digital in the late 90's. Look at everything that has come about as a result of that change...text messaging and voicemail are everywhere, you can access the internet from your phone from most of the country. I would expect similar advances in the television arena now.

/ DTV #10  
Very True Shawn , Im just one of them old dogs that you cant teach new tricks to . :D . I,m still upset cuz I cant play my ole 8 track tapes . :eek: . bob