Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too?

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #11  
I get messages from my craigslist listings from people who seem interested but as soon as you reply they get your e-mail address and then they start the spam. The worst is when I tried to sell a truck on there. I had maybe one or two legit people and at least 50 spammers. Almost all of the spammers had gmail accounts and because of that I have started ignoring all the messages from any gmail account. I feel sorry for anyone that has a legit gmail account as these spammers are destroying that accounts reputation.

I had an idiot today offer me $100 for an Allis B I am selling for $600. I refused his offer and told him I would part it out before giving it away. He got upset and tried to make me feel bad by telling me this "yeah ya wouldnt want to put in capable hands and maybe get it fully restored". I replied that by parting it out I would be able to help a lot of people restore a lot of B's in which he replied "half of it is missing or broke". So I then asked him why he wanted it (it needs two front rims and tires, a rear rim, generator and ring gear but all the metal is there and solid as well as the rest of the tractor). He didn't say why he wanted it but did say it would cost more then it was worth to restore:confused: So why did he want it:confused:

I believe he is one of those guys who wants everything for nothing and planned to part it out himself since the tractor was such a piece of junk:rolleyes:

It seems for every decent person you meet on Craigslist you meet an guy who lowballs you and tries to devalue what your selling and you also meet 20 spammers for every decent person. I am glad it is free as the headaches associated with selling things on there is enough of a cost.

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #12  
I get messages from my craigslist listings from people who seem interested but as soon as you reply they get your e-mail address and then they start the spam. The worst is when I tried to sell a truck on there. I had maybe one or two legit people and at least 50 spammers. Almost all of the spammers had gmail accounts and because of that I have started ignoring all the messages from any gmail account. I feel sorry for anyone that has a legit gmail account as these spammers are destroying that accounts reputation.

I had an idiot today offer me $100 for an Allis B I am selling for $600. I refused his offer and told him I would part it out before giving it away. He got upset and tried to make me feel bad by telling me this "yeah ya wouldnt want to put in capable hands and maybe get it fully restored". I replied that by parting it out I would be able to help a lot of people restore a lot of B's in which he replied "half of it is missing or broke". So I then asked him why he wanted it (it needs two front rims and tires, a rear rim, generator and ring gear but all the metal is there and solid as well as the rest of the tractor). He didn't say why he wanted it but did say it would cost more then it was worth to restore:confused: So why did he want it:confused:

I believe he is one of those guys who wants everything for nothing and planned to part it out himself since the tractor was such a piece of junk:rolleyes:

It seems for every decent person you meet on Craigslist you meet an guy who lowballs you and tries to devalue what your selling and you also meet 20 spammers for every decent person. I am glad it is free as the headaches associated with selling things on there is enough of a cost.

Here is a picture of the tractor that is "half missing or broke":rolleyes:

Attachments

• Allis B.jpg
    Allis B.jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 198
  • allis B-1.jpg
    allis B-1.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 187
   / Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #13  
I used to get up to 1,500 spams a day until I started fighting back, now I'm down to less than a dozen.

Spammers work by buying lists of good working e-mail and they work on percentages. If they send out 100,000 e-mails they may get 1 or 2 people that bite.

I kept some nasty viruses that were sent to me, and send them back to the spammer with a note saying please select me for the 45 million dollars i have all my information attached.

Once they open up my little gift, they deem the list that I am on as a useless list because i use a return address that they did not send to.

I figure most of these guys are pretty stupid and in some foreign country, but think I'm actually more stupid that they are.

Must be working because I'm down to almost no offers a day.

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #14  
I kept some nasty viruses that were sent to me, and send them back to the spammer with a note saying please select me for the 45 million dollars i have all my information attached.
The problem is that often the return address on spam is forged, so it says that it comes from mike@gmail.com when it is coming from joespammer@spammer.net
thus you are likely sending a virus to an innocent person who had nothing to do with the spam in the first place.

Aaron Z

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too?
I have to say despite the spam, I have had good success selling and buying. I have sold trucks, boats, mowers, tractor attachments, etc with no problems and bought as much. I am just over the spam. The good news is that it only lasts the first day or so after you list.

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #16  
If you get a really vuage email it's prolly spam. If It's a little detailed it's prolly somewhat legit. I've bought and sold lots of things on craigslist. I've sold several things the day after I listed it and had too relist several times to sell other things, but being free I think it's worth the headaches for the most part, results may vary. lol.......Another thing for you computer whizzes out there, aren't those captcha's supposed to fiter out the spammers? How do they get buy listing so many fake adds?

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #17  
Here is a picture of the tractor that is "half missing or broke":rolleyes:

Robert a tractor in that condition around here would be listed for around 2 grand :eek: . But there are a lot of Collectors & antique tractor restore,rs around here as well .

A Typical cheapskate junker I would bet , that just wanting it for scrap iron with no thoughts of Restoring it . I wont even allow those types on the Property Because the ones around here are well known thieves as well . Bob

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #18  
I had the same problem as robert when I was trying to sell an I-beam I had left over from the loft I built in my pole barn. The beam is a w12 x 35 and about 14ft long. So it weighs about 490lbs. I called around to several local suppliers and they all quoted me between $430-$500. So I listed it at $200, a little under half of new.

I still havent sold the beam but I had a guy offer me $150 per ton for it, which at 490lbs works out to be about $36.

Needless to say, I sent a pretty nasty e-mail in return. Offering $36 for a beam that I am asking $200 for and would be well over $400 new

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #19  
I wished You were closer , I,d Buy the beam in a heartbeat :D . I,ve found several but all have been in other countys & even though I,m willing to pay the asking price as well as a delivery fee I get no responses . :eek: .

Thats the only bad thing about not driving any longer . Bob

/ Craigslist, is it getting bad around you too? #20  
I wished You were closer , I,d Buy the beam in a heartbeat :D . I,ve found several but all have been in other countys & even though I,m willing to pay the asking price as well as a delivery fee I get no responses . :eek: .

Thats the only bad thing about not driving any longer . Bob

I wish I was closer too.
I'd even offer to deliver up to 50 miles for free as well.
I have posted the beam about three times and yet to get a serious reply, just the spam crap