Squirrel Detractor?

/ Squirrel Detractor? #1  

davey4000

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4320, NH TC29D
I have an uninhabitable cabin on my property that is far from critter proof. Squirrels love to come in and really make a mess. Does anyone know if a radio going 24/7 will keep them from coming in? Other ideas? It will be a while before I can stop up all the holes.

/ Squirrel Detractor? #2  
Radio might work for a day, squirrels tolerate humans well after time. I see them at the golf course and they have become almost tame. I think you will have to "plug" the holes or thin them out.

/ Squirrel Detractor? #3  
I have an uninhabitable cabin on my property that is far from critter proof. Squirrels love to come in and really make a mess. Does anyone know if a radio going 24/7 will keep them from coming in? Other ideas? It will be a while before I can stop up all the holes.

I don't know if the 24/7 music will stop them. I know my late FIL tried using a radio to keep birds out of the fruit trees. They stayed away for about a day. But those were birds. You might try something like this X10 - Use Motion Sensors to Turn on Lights & Cameras! if you have power. Some simple moition detection devices that turn on lights/ make sound might help - but that may be too late since they are already in. They may do more damage trying to get out (voice of experience here).

Good luck!

/ Squirrel Detractor? #4  
You,ll have to do a search for a Motion detector sound device . My Wife got Ours at Sams . There 40 bucks a pop & ran on a 9volt battery but Seem to work Quite well .

When Something gets in range it Releases a real high pitch noise that keeps Most critters away. It works for some but not all . It Bothers some of My cats but has no effect on a few so No clue how it works or Maybe some of My cats are hard hearing. :eek: . Best of luck . Bob