One mad snake is out there...

/ One mad snake is out there... #11  
Last month my wife steeped off the back door step onto the carport and all coiled up on the door mat was a large fat water mocassin.

I took a broom and swept him off the mat into the garden and he turned around and came right at me, so I hit him with the stick end of the broom stick and he slashed and bit at that too.

Well, that was too stupid, I had given him a chance to get the heck out of there and he comes back to get me - not good.

So I went inside and got my Ruger 10-22 rifle and put the muzzle near the cottonmouth and you guessed it - he bit the muzzle of the rifle and had it entirely in his mouth when I pulled the trigger.... :D

/ One mad snake is out there... #12  
So I went inside and got my Ruger 10-22 rifle and put the muzzle near the cottonmouth and you guessed it - he bit the muzzle of the rifle and had it entirely in his mouth when I pulled the trigger.... :D

Good Mornin Skypup,
:D Sounds like the snake committed suicide ! :D

/ One mad snake is out there... #13  
I carry a little double action .22 revolver with those CCI bird shot shells in them. Works pretty slick

/ One mad snake is out there... #14  
Q: How do you safely kill a big snake with a hoe?

A: You hand the hoe to your wife and run away.:eek:

Don, you sure do have good snake stories.:D

/ One mad snake is out there... #15  
Jim, I believe that copperhead and his mate will be lying in wait for Don.

Don, like you, I've killed quite a few snakes with a garden hoe, but can't remember ever using the shovel.

/ One mad snake is out there... #16  
Brokermike and I are in agreement on how to dispatch a snake... couple of weeks ago my wife nailed one with just such a tool... 2 1/2-foot long rattler not 20-feet from our front door... Of course she's a rookie and it took her two shots.. lol

/ One mad snake is out there... #17  
Like others, I think a shovel is waaaay too short. I've used a hoe but, even with the edge ground to razor sharpness, it's still not easy to chop them in half. My preferred tools are a 20 gauge or .357 with snake shot. I did use the lopper part of a pole saw once with good effect. I hooked the body and pulled the rope real fast. It took a couple of bites to cut it in half but it worked. Not only that but the pole saw is long enough to keep me away from all the nasty biting parts.

Hey Don, someone once told me that copperheads often travel in two's. I wonder where the other one is????? :)

/ One mad snake is out there... #18  
Hey ,what is "snake shot"?

/ One mad snake is out there... #19  
I am just like Eddie when it comes to snakes. Over Memorial Day weekend we had a ton of people at our cabin (where I have my NH 1520 and why I am here) I start to walk down the steps and here is frickin snake next to my garage door. Well I jumped about 20' (exaggeration) off the steps and the snake took off under the porch. Most of the guests were laughing their **es off at my acrobatics. They asked what kind of snake it was. **** I don't know it was a snake.:)