Water Tank size

/ Water Tank size #1  

laen64

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335 SST;FERRIS IS 1500Z 25hp 52"
What size water tank would you add to your well during home construction?
home will be 5-6 bedrooms with lots of shrubs, and garden plot. Total size is 5acre. All comments welcomed.

/ Water Tank size #2  
are you talking about a storage tank? if so, why would you add one?
heehaw

/ Water Tank size
are you talking about a storage tank? if so, why would you add one?
heehaw

I'm thinking that their are choices in the size of tank you purchase with the well installation? So with that said I would like to know others opinions, as I see different sizes. I will especially have mine installed in my garage or storage room as opposed to outside free standing. Please give all thoughts?

/ Water Tank size #4  
you still didnt answer the question. are you asking about a storage tank or a pressure tank.

storage tank would be like 1500 gal underground for addtional capacity espeically for low flow wells.

pressure tank size determines how long till the pump kicks on and cycles.

/ Water Tank size #7  
if your talking about the pressure tank, they can be anywhere from 2 gallons to 80 or more: the purpose is to reduce the number of pump cycles: the larger the tank, the more water you can use before the pump kicks on and refills it an furnishes more water. i haven't ever really seen a big difference in reducing the pump cycles: i have just recently bought a replacement for my well pump, the one being replaced is at least 26 years old, with no problems: i have a 20 gallon tank, which i will replace at the same time i am replacing the pump. the pump i am replacing is a gould, i doubt they are made to last now like they were @ 30 years ago:
heehaw

/ Water Tank size #8  
if your talking about the pressure tank, they can be anywhere from 2 gallons to 80 or more: the purpose is to reduce the number of pump cycles: the larger the tank, the more water you can use before the pump kicks on and refills it an furnishes more water. i haven't ever really seen a big difference in reducing the pump cycles: i have just recently bought a replacement for my well pump, the one being replaced is at least 26 years old, with no problems: i have a 20 gallon tank, which i will replace at the same time i am replacing the pump. the pump i am replacing is a gould, i doubt they are made to last now like they were @ 30 years ago:
heehaw
When I had well water I had a well on each end of the property with a 42 gallon tank and a pump for each well .
It was plumbed and wired so i could use each seperately or both together as one unit.

/ Water Tank size
When I had well water I had a well on each end of the property with a 42 gallon tank and a pump for each well .
It was plumbed and wired so i could use each seperately or both together as one unit.

I appologize for the wait. I'm talking about a pressure tank first of all and maybe a storage tank should I find that to be of need. This is the first for me, so I do solicit and appreciate all comments. I researched lowes last night and plan to use the pressure tank at 50 gal. I haven't had the well drilled and output tested. Please push all your comments.

Thanks in advance

L.N

/ Water Tank size #10  
Talk to your drilling contractor about this... they know more than you think...