new house and garage build

/ new house and garage build
here are a few pictures of us pouring the concrete slab, just as we finished polishing it started raining , rained half of the day today seems like it's ok. tommorrow we will start framing the walls. trusses are scheduled to arrive on friday

Attachments

• concrete.jpg
    concrete.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 93
  • concrete1.jpg
    concrete1.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 70
here's a picture of the walls we got up today, it rained most of the day here and was hard to get anything done

Attachments

• garagewalls.jpg
    garagewalls.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 78
   / new house and garage build #13  
You sure are moving right along. Are you the GC on this or did you hire one?

Eddie

just me and a couple of friends doing it, even the concrete which was a lot of work. it's been raining every day since i started. maybe gatting 2-3 hours without rain to get some work done.

finally had a couple of days of no rain and got some work done. finished the front wall and put the trusses all up. the walls are 12' high and make it hard to get trusses up. i also ran over my paslode framing nailer with my 96hp kubota, barely a scratch. what a tough tool, and so handy. tomorrow we will sheet the roof with osb and add strapping to the walls for the tin

Attachments

• tractortrusses.jpg
    tractortrusses.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 114
  • trusses.jpg
    trusses.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 106
   / new house and garage build #16  
It looks like an interesting project and also it should have a good foundation..because as
it was with lay..

/ new house and garage build #17  
Do you have footings and a foundation supporting the garage, or did you build on a monolithic slab? I'm considering building a garage and I'm looking for advice on this slab vs. foundation issue. Do I need to spend money on a foundation? I live in upstate NY, we may be in the same temperature zone.

Thanks,

Paul

my slab goes 10" deep around the outer edge by 16" wide and tapers up to the 4-5" accross the center. we used 2 rebars around the perimeter and mesh in the whole thing. and we cut it it every 10ft for control joints. my last garage was built like this and i never had a problem with it . i always install tile drainage around it to keep the water away from it

/ new house and garage build #19  
Thanks for the info. I don't have the quote yet, but the contractor I'm working with indicated that he thought it could save us quite a bit of money over the frostwall option.

Thanks again,

Paul

a couple more pics of the garage, got most of the strapping finished and all off the osb on tthe roof. knee bracing all installed, ready for inspection then on to installing tin

Attachments

• garageinroof.jpg
    garageinroof.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 87
  • garageroof.jpg
    garageroof.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 86