TSC go carts

/ TSC go carts #1  

TUG HILL ADDICT

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 870 Kubota L4330
Anyone own one of the 150cc gocarts sold at TSC? I'm planning on buying one tomorrow for my boys....they look like a blast...just hoping they hold up.

/ TSC go carts #2  
I did some frame welding on one for a friend. I think it will hold up based on the usage. You can brake anything if you try hard enough.

/ TSC go carts #3  
I bought one for my kids a few years ago and it has held up good....after I replaced all the screws, nuts and bolts that fell off in the first week. I think they assemble them at the store and nothing was torqued. Take a couple minites to snug everything up when you get it home. My kids have ball on ours.

/ TSC go carts #4  
My caution would be that you will not be able to return it to TSC for repair and parts support might be lacking. I think I'd look at go-carts sold at ATV dealers or somewhere they had their own shop and parts. If the price is comparable, my choice would be to buy there instead of TSC. If you save $500 and cannot get parts when it breaks, it's no bargain. Go-karts spend their whole lives being abused. That's just what they do. They will break sooner or later.

/ TSC go carts #5  
any standard cart parts should work. and if they dont it would be easy enough to modify it to accept standard cart parts.

Not worth paying the inflated price at a cart or ATV dealer.

/ TSC go carts #6  
I bought my son a Baja at Rural King and it has held up very well. I am not sure if they are the same as the ones TSC sells. The only problem we had was he let a couple of girls drive it the second day he owned it and they hit a wooden fence post with it and tore the front wheel clear off. It held up very well for what it went thru but getting parts from Rural King was a real pain. I finally just called the company and had them shipped direct to my house.