What's the best rifle . . none

/ What's the best rifle . . none #11  
AMR -- I am surprised the skunk sprayed at all -- usually when they are covered they seem to feel safe --- although I try to avoid that problem :eek:
Relocation of those groundhogs will probably make them roadkill or coyote bait but do not try and convince SWMBO otherwise:eek:. Every year I live trap 10 or so chipmunks (rats with a better dress code) and relocate them -- pretty sure I am condeming them predation or cars but not much else I can do in a no discharge (and no relocation:confused:) area.
Skunks are a quick way to tell if you have grubs in the lawn -- it will look like a stump grinder got loose from its operator overnight;)

/ What's the best rifle . . none #12  
Amazing story, I'm impressed with your attention to detail and concern for animal safety. Personally, I find 55 grains of lead to be cheaper and faster, but I certainly wont fault those who disagree an choose another course! :)

/ What's the best rifle . . none #13  
i usually just "relocate" them to the bottom of the pond while still in the have-a-heart trap.

/ What's the best rifle . . none #14  
The skunk had me nervous but it was nothing. I walked up to him slowly holding an old bed sheet out, it was folded up a couple times, I got near the trap and gently draped it over the entire trap, he never got that nervous. I picked up the trap with handle and put it into a wheelbarrow. He sprayed while I was wheeling him down the street. No bid deal, the sheet took it. When I got to the designated release area I put the trap down, fumbled the blanket back till just the door was exposed and then lifted it up. He walked out after a minute, looked back at me and my 4 year old, and then took off. Easy as pie!

If you got him to his new location in a wheelbarrow, with your 4-year old in tow, I doubt you really permanently removed him. Relocation usually involves a truck ride...

/ What's the best rifle . . none #15  
The better part of animal relocation is discretion; in the which better part I have saved a life and not been fined for my efforts. :cool: Animal relocation is illegal around these parts.