Made in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Made in USA #1  

DEERSLAYER

Tractor
MASSEY FERGUSON 1220
When do you put in extra effort to get made in USA products? Lately I have been checking origin of hand tools. I have also been buying older versions of some stuff on auction sites that used to be made in USA but are not now. I have just noticed Lowes switched from Klien tools in the electrical dept. to some oversees brand. These stupid companies need to understand this is a big cycle they have created. They outsource jobs so less people can afford good USA products then those companies outsource to make cheaper products and over and over! Another good example is the red wagon I got for my kids last Christmas. Originally I got a radioflyer shipped to my local Walmart after I picked it up I couldn't believe their made in China now. So i got online and ordered an Amish wagon made in Ohio, it was more expensive but worth it (Berlin Flyer by the way this is the one to get your kids even has grease zerks on the wheels!).

/ Made in USA #2  
I too make an effort to buy products made in the USA. The largest part of the effort is finding products made in the USA to buy. You are certainly right about big cycle. It can all be tracked back to one word.....greed

/ Made in USA #3  
I too make an effort to buy products made in the USA. The largest part of the effort is finding products made in the USA to buy. You are certainly right about big cycle. It can all be tracked back to one word.....greed

I would disagree with you, except I have noticed that they still charge as much for the now chinese versions as they used to charge when it was made in USA.

They often still feature a US flag prominently, and then in the fine print... made in china :mad:

/ Made in USA #4  
It can all be tracked back to one word.....greed
Yes, those greedy people who want to make a product at a price people are willing to pay. It's not as simplistic as just greed. :rolleyes:

/ Made in USA #5  
Walmartification. Quality , Country of Origin or safety be damned in the name of LOW PRICES.

We, the consumer, are the ones to blame for this. How many people look at country of origin? I know i do, but most dont. Price is all that matters, even if the quality is substandard. Lead paint in kids toys, Melamine in dog food, the list goes on and this will continue to happen till we wise up.

Sure, the companies are greedy too. The price on replacement china goods is the same as the previous made in US ones (vise grips for example). The extra profit goes right back into the manufacturers pockets.

Theres a definite irony here that we as North Americans with a love of the free market and freedom in general, are supporting a communist regime, that within the next 10 years likely be our number one foe. The chinese arent stupid, theyre looking further down the road on this then we are, and so far were playing right into their hands. Low prices...indeed....

/ Made in USA #6  
I am more concerned with buying locally or regionally than USA. The closer to home I can get a good or service the better.

On the other hand, I just bought an 8kw ETQ generator that was made in China that is top of the line quality machinery for a really good price. Home, value, price, that's what's important.

/ Made in USA #7  
Never.

Nobody, and I mean nobody has their hands clean on this issue. People that say they try are just lying to themselves, I think. People will only buy USA if it's convenient enough, or cheap enough.

This country as a whole cares NOTHING about the average worker, only about the business owner or executive that makes the big bucks.

/ Made in USA #8  
Never.

Nobody, and I mean nobody has their hands clean on this issue. People that say they try are just lying to themselves, I think. People will only buy USA if it's convenient enough, or cheap enough.

This country as a whole cares NOTHING about the average worker, only about the business owner or executive that makes the big bucks.

I have to agree! We've shot ourselves in the foot on this one. We all want a good deal. Unfortunately, it's snowballed to the current situation.

Hang on, boys I think this one will be a "doosey"!

Jay

/ Made in USA #9  
Well I try to buy us products but find it to be confusing because they are labeling most of the stuff distributed by XXXX Co USA.and after you get it out of the box its made in China.
Have you watched the Heinz ad about the ketchup they emphasize the fact that there there own seeds. But in what country did they plant those seeds?
Everything is smoke and mirrors today!

/ Made in USA #10  
Everything is smoke and mirrors today!

Same as it ever was.

Xrays used to be sold to the general public for fun and general home remedies...Cocaine used to be in Coke...Absynthe anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.