Wood stove insert

/ Wood stove insert #1  

warburtonplayer

Silver Member
I have a pre fab wood fireplace now. I just ordered a regecy I1200 wood stove insert specifically designed to go inside of a prefab firebox. Has anyone had any experience with doing this? I spoke with the guy at the stove place and he said the insert is designed for this. He will put a new s.s. chimney liner in also I have a existing 12 inch outer pipe and 8 inch inner pipe that the liner will go throught. Please let me know if anyone has one or experience doing this?

/ Wood stove insert #2  
We have a Regency fireplace insert but it fits into an existing brick fireplace. We also have a continuous six inch diameter stainless steel chimney pulled up through the existing ceramic flue brick faced chimney.

Works well for us.:D

/ Wood stove insert #3  
I installed an Osburn wood stove insert into my pre-fab fireplace 4 years ago and that is what I did, slid the 6" down inside the existing double wall pipe and at the top wrapped fire-proof insulation around the 6" so it would draw good, the hard part for me was finding a stove that had the outlet close enough to the back of the insert, anyway mine has worked flawlessly if you have any questions I'll try to help, it's really an easy job if you know a few tricks. Good luck.

/ Wood stove insert
Yeah the stove guy said he would put in a 6 inch liner wrapped inside the existing 8 in pipe. It will tie directly into the wood stove. He said there is enought protection leaving the metal firebox together and sitting the wood stove into the box. Does anyone have any pictures of theres with this set up?

/ Wood stove insert #5  
I will have to look around for some pics, but sounds like you are going down the right path.